Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Fill-Ins (Meme)


1. Johnny Weir _____________.
...I don't know who that is. I had heard the name before and figured he was an athlete. I looked him up on Wikipedia and I like this outfit.

2.
_________ 2010 Olympics.
Yipee!
I liked the beautiful Native Indian garments worn during the Opening Ceremonies. I would love to dine at Araxi in Whistler,BC...to me there roasted venison sounds particularly appealing.

3. And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud__________.
became devastating and blooming became Weiser (deliberate play on words with the last word there). :-) Breaking out of your comfort zones can be really refreshing though. I like a book about this sort of thing called "Ice Cream for Breakfast."

Things I am going to do inspired by the book:
-----Bring my lunch in a brightly colored bag.
-----Say "thanks" to the trash collector. I will write some sort of creative note and affix it to the trash can.
-----Dress up for Halloween. This year I did for a themed photo shortly after Halloween at home....but I just have not had the time and/or place and/or courage to dress up for Halloween in so long.
-----Investigate joining the Red Hat Society (though I cannot wear a red hat yet).

4. _____________ if you get an urge.
Let me know. People always say "let me know if you get an urge to _____" when they would like to do you (and often themselves) some sort of favor/service.

5. Having sweet dreams ______________.
would be nice. I think Doggie has been coming up and sleeping on my back lately....which, of course, Doggie finds very comfortable.

6. What does it take ________.
to get through to you? to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop? to get someone to listen? I need to eat that Tootsie Roll Pop that I have in my coat pocket...it is orange.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____!
Tonight:
----Watching a movie from the 1960's about a young man who is picked to be a long-distance runner at a reform school.
-----Planning recipes for the next week or so. Grocery shopping. Taking a photo for Fridge Fridays. My newest issue of the complimentary Simple and Delicious subscription I have arrived...so I will have a lot of new recipes to look at....I made 3 recipes from Taste of Home already this month (their recipes are easy and they have so many comfort foods to make). :-)
-----Doing laundry. I plan to wear one of my favorite shirts Saturday evening.
Saturday:
-----Possibly visiting my Mother.
-----Going to a concert.
Sunday:
-----Possibly visiting my Mother (either Saturday or Sunday).
-----Sorting clothes that have been put away for a long time...it will be like Christmas finding new things to wear. I have lost some of the weight put on from thyroid issues...so there might be some nice surprises as far as things looking good.

<<<====Movie we are watching.
There is an Iron Maiden song inspired by this.





:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5