Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Cheap-Rah Day 2....A Year of Oprah from a Tightwad's Perspective

Spirit:
Continuing to think about loneliness after reading "One is the Loneliest Number."

I have added "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" to my wait list at the library. This is supposed to be a pretty powerful film. From the 1960s. It is about a boy who is picked to be on the track team at a reform school.

"What Really Goes On Behind Convent Walls" Lisa Ling goes inside a convent. What I really noticed about this is the deepening levels of commitment in such a religious life.

The above is a book mentioned in the "One is the Loneliest Number" article, it has not come in at the library yet. Yes, I know it has only been one day since I put it on the hold list....but often the libraries I use are extremely fast. :-) I plan to write a review of this book here on my blog. :-)

Health:
Thinking about Art Smith's Diabetes Wake-Up Call. I am at a risk for diabetes...but have never shown any signs of it. I may be reactive hypoglygemic (thyroid issues).

Art Smith's Southern Oven Unfried Chicken I am not sure where I would get the Greek Yogurt. I do not live in a small town....but, for some reason, it is culturally backward, and items either disappear from all markets because of "little interest" or trends do not hit our stores for years. To give you an idea of what I mean, I cannot get cranberries unless it is Thanksgiving or Christmas....that must fall under "little interest.
Potential solution to my problem:
Make Your Own Greek Yoghurt I will experiment with getting the Greek Yoghurt right before I try Art Smith's chicken recipe. :-) My last yogurt attempt (about 4 years ago) failed.

Style:
-----The Perfect Red Lip Red lipstick never seems to look right on me.
-----Today I was looking for the Shape fX Jeans on Ebay. I did not find any jeans but there are a few tops, a few leather pants and a lot of swimsuits....a lot of them are very reasonably priced and are "Buy It Now."

Relationships:

Home & Garden:

Food:

Entertainment:

Money:
How to Fix Your Grammar Yes, this was listed in the Money section on Oprah.com

World:


-----You can follow the Oprah Show on Twitter.



No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5