Thursday, December 31, 2009

And so this is New Year....


Licensed image. DO NOT COPY.
Thank you to Ambrozjo for this photo. :-)

This is the obligatory Thinking-of-the-New-Year. I am trying to figure out what my great accomplishments have been in the past year and the Lennon song "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" keeps going through my head...."so this is Christmas and what have you done?"

I guess the year is mainly a blur for me...other than that I just got accepted to a school that I really want to attend.

On the 29th of last year (2008)....December 29th...I found myself rushing to the hospital. My mother could not get up out of a chair and had to take an ambulance ride. She had bronchitis or something with a lot of fluid....I don't think that was really figured out. She also had diabetes....that she was unaware of. And a silent heart attack. And Stage 4 Breast Cancer with a lump the size of a baseball. So this has been a rollercoaster year really...full of hope and fear....over and over.

The old year has also been filled with:
-----The cuteness that is our Doggie. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful and clever puppy...currently using my leg as a pillow.
-----Helping people. It seems that a lot of people in our life have gone through problems and tragedies in the past few years. This has been the source of a lot of worry.
-----Figuring out goals...of which there are many. Of course, this can cause stress...but also peace.
-----Listening to a lot of music and trying to read more.
-----Going to a job that I hate. The job market is bad here...given the layoffs that have occurred at ALL the places I started to apply to, I am glad that I did not finish the applications. Benefits at my current job got a lot better at the end of the year...because the company I work for is doing well. I am glad that I stuck to my guns...despite the pressure to do otherwise. I hope that I find something that makes me happy in this upcoming year.
-----New thyroid symptoms.
-----A lot of watching the Food Network. I am not part of that trend where people like to just watch it all day....yes, there is a trend where people use it as background noise and then say they are addicted to Food Network. I investigate topics mentioned and try new things.

What I want the new year to be like:
-----For my Mother to go into remission. Please keep this in your thoughts and prayers.
-----I would like to learn about how to identify birds in our yard...and how to attract them there.
-----To have a better relationship with God. To have a life where I have time to do something like praying the Liturgy of the Hours.
-----To have more quality time with Husband.

2 comments:

Willow said...

Best wishes to your mom, and to you in the new year!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Willow. I hope that you have an excellent New Year. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5