Monday, November 02, 2009

In My Life....

Tonight's dinner.
A twist on a dish from the "Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook."
Savory Skillet Noodles...but ours were not buttery as I cooked the veggies in a garlic-infused olive oil. Sliced almonds are too expensive at our stores....so I took two chicken bouillion cubes and some toasted salted almonds and put them in a Ziploc bag....then gently applied a hammer all over. In the final step I added more regular olive oil to avoid sticking. We skipped the parsley garnish...though I do have some pretty good parsley flakes. We would definitely repeat this dish....and might experiment with putting some plum tomatoes in. The side dish that serves 8 was a tasty, light and filling meal that served 2. :-)

-----Tonight I drew my eyebrows green for fun. Told husband I should wear in public. He said no only if lighter green cause I look like Groucho Marx. :-)
-----Gran Torino finally came in at the library.
-----I have started reading a book called "Heroes" by Robert Cormier. It is about a man who comes back from WWII without a face. I just got to a part where the young man mentions praying for your enemies....something I do not do as often as maybe I should.
-----We re-watched Hancock this evening. There is a lot about this movie that makes me laugh.
-----Doggie has started learning when we are not going to take Doggie with if we go someplace....I guess because we don't have same sense of getting Doggie geared up for whatever. Happy to say that Doggie now waits patiently for us to leave....if it is only one of us.
-----I now have a lot of sweet peppers. Single peppers were $1.50 a piece and it was lower cost to get packs. The recipe I used tonight did not call for a whole pepper....this means I have to get through 6 sweet peppers soon. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I have lots of mushrooms and peppers in the fridge. One side dish coming up. This looks and sounds just delicious.

Gran Torino ROCKS

Pat said...

Oh you have just reminded me that I have forgotten to say my prayers today - with all that's happening. I shall include your mother.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5