Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday Thirteen......

1. I am excited....I have found something that may help my Raynaud's Phenomenon. I have problems with my extremities during the winter. As I type, my feet are hurting and cold. I was posting a sponsored logo for "Sock, Socks" over in my sidebar and I discovered that they have winter socks. I need socks to keep my feet cold indoors and I will gladly pay 13 dollars to see if a pair will help me....I have my eye on the Thorlo Cold Weather Hunting Socks. I think the hunting socks may be just enough to keep my feet warm without making me overheat....and they look like they will be comfortable enough that they will not aggravate the swelling that I get as another symptom of the thyroid problems.

2.

I am a Blog Action Day alum. Blog Action Day is today!!!
So, what are your issues, beliefs and concerns about climate change???

3.
If you celebrate, how ready are you for Christmas?

4.
That's My Answer! October Mingle
This is one of the things that I do with my Thursdays.

Speaking of Halloween, this cover of "Thriller" (below) is awesome.





5.Beautiful. Photo of swans and koi that Husband took when we were at the zoo.
Next year, we will put in a pond with koi in the backyard. :-)
We will also have tilapia....many of them outdoors but a few raised in a "farm fountain" for dinner.

7.
A new friend's wife passed away. This was a rose that she liked to look at in a park. He goes to visit her rose often. His grief is in my thoughts and prayers.

8. I am sick....seems to be a cold. I am popping a generic Zicam-imitation every three hours (less expensive).

9.


I liked and agreed with the gesture that Chef Ramsay made to the third place contestant. :-)

10. Has anyone been watching 90210 (new show not old)? I do not understand the Dixon/Sasha storyline....I can't figure out where it is going. It is obviously going to change radically next episode. Dixon is a 17-year-old and Sasha is much older (graduated college and working older). It never come right out and says exactly how old Sasha is. I am wondering if Sasha's character is in pregnant, in love, planning to frame Dixon to stay with her, etc???? This storyline is unusual...I guess I will see next week.

11.
My opinions of things change over time....last year I was so enchanted by this performance. This year, on watching it again, I do see some flaws.....but it is still beautiful.

12. It occurs to me that it has been months since O.J. Simpson has played golf....almost a year.

PARTICIPATE IN THURSDAY THIRTEEN. :-)

-----Thank you, to Annie for visiting this post....and I really appreciated your peaceful stand against cell phone annoyance.
-----Thank you, to Sherilee for visiting this post. I like that your blog talks a LOT about food and gratitude. I really appreciated the swine flu paranoia photo.

14 comments:

Annie said...

Koi and geese. Outstanding.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I think they are swans....but they are beautiful. I want to go back and feed the koi....when they are waiting for the food they photograph better.

There were supposed to be Australian Black Swans....but I did not see them. Also, I want to photograph a kestrel...need to find a zoo or aviary that has them.

Maybe I can visit a place were there are kestrels in backyards....I do not know where that would be.

sherilee said...

Great list! So many different and interesting items. I really like that version of Thriller, especially.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Sherilee-
Thank you. This is how I like doing Thirteen's. I so looked forward to sharing on Thursdays before the original stopped...so, I am so glad that we have this. I am excited about Emily's work...I love when I find a new artist to explore. :-)

Adelle Laudan said...

Interesting list, and yes, for the first time ever, I am half way done my Christmas shopping. Yay me! lol
Wishing you Miles of Smiles :)

Happy T13!

rosneath said...

think I've got this right - am I supposed to post netchick stuff here?

I have Raynaud's too - funnily enough it got better when I moved somewhere COLDER

Hello, NetChick sent me

Cheers

belleek

♥ Teresa ♥ said...

Hi, I'm stopping by from SITS! I wanted to share a bit of comment love.♥

I also have Raynaud's in addition to another very rare and serious neurovascular disease called Dysautonomia. I have been ill for a little over 2 years. You can read more about it on my blog if you are interested.

Since you are very dedicated to praying for others, will you PLEASE read my latest blog post and keep this family in your prayers? They recently lost their precious baby and they really need our help and prayers.

TWO VERY SPECIAL MINUTES...

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/2009/10/two-very-special-minutes.html

I will definitely keep you and your mom in my prayers. I hope you have a great weekend.

Many Blessings,

Teresa <><

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com/

Bev Sykes said...

I loved the photo of the swan too. (I was able to see black swans in Australia too). I've just started doing the Thursday 13. Haven't figured out how to get it on the web site of everyone else, but it's fun making lists!

*mingling*

ThomasLB said...

You brought a lot of cool things to show-and-tell with this post! Thank you- I enjoyed it!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Adelle. Good for you on the Christmas presents. I hope that your gifts bring many smiles. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Rosneath-
Welcome to the Meet N Greet. :-) Wow, I have not met another person that had Raynaud's. It is not fun...especially when you try to explain to people why it would not be a wise idea for you to walk outdoors for long periods of time in the winter. I found out that I had this when I started getting horrible problems from weather where others were not even slightly red in the face....I shocked people when I showed them. I am thankful for the few people in my life who truly understand this condition.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Teresa-
Thank you for the kind visit. I hope that your illnesses get better.

I read the story about the couple whose child was alive for two minutes...but who the doctors cannot acknowledge as live birth. So sad...stillborn means not born alive. If one is breathing and so on, one is clearly alive. What next, dying before a certain age and we go back and annul your life? This is ridiculous and awful.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Bev-
Enjoy doing Thirteens. I hope that I get to see one of the black swans next year.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Glad to have you visit, Thomas. I hope all is going well with you.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5