Sunday, October 18, 2009

101 in 1001...continued.

Monday July 16th, 2012 is my new day for my "101 in 1001." I was/am achieving many of the goals...but really feel that I need to have a new start on this. A new start on this list just feels right for me.

Here is my refined list:
1. Go zipriding....Lost Canyon in Colorado.
2. Get my split ends cut more often. I do not cut my hair....growing it long as I want to try out various historical hairstyles.Among other things, I want to be able to put a coronet on top of my head. Get my eyebrows arched more often-I like the way I look more when I do this.
3. Take Doggie to obedience school. At this point, I am looking at classes from the American Kennel Association....because I see that as being the best.
4. Participate in many more memes. I love meeting new people and learning more about myself through memes.
5. Participate in a bike ride.
6. Loose the last 23.2 pounds of weight that I have gained via my thyroid problem. See how many of the symptoms I can alleviate/lessen through research on what might help. Do not eat the items on the list of things I am not supposed to...no soy (easy)...no caffeine (NOT FUN). If I do not cut out certain food items (caffeine for instance), then research ways to offset their effect. Daily skin care routine....extremely dry skin from the thyroid problem.
8. Pray genuine prayers...everyday. Not say words....pray genuine prayers. Remember to include the people in my "Vigil at the Top" in my prayers and thoughts…this is on my Blogger blog.
9. Daily and varied workout.
10. Eat breakfast every day. Start compiling a book of the breakfast recipes I come up with. I like to make my own recipes.
11. Continue to celebrate the end of the work week.
12. Once a week, find a new person to include in my friends on MySpace…..this was to be an art blog but now is more a gallery of art that I am interested in. Not many people read the actual blog parts of MySpace.
13. Learn a new word every week. Not an obsolete or obscure word...a usable word. Use the new word...and blog it.
14. Explore one new radio station a week.
15. At least once a month, update any program on my computer that is updateable. I am sure that I will have more to this computer maintenance goal.
16. Have a giveaway on my blog at least once a month. I have a mailbox especially for this sort of thing.
17. Use my "Dance,Dance Revolution" for aerobic exercise at least twice a month.
18. Take at least one nature photo every season.
19. Undergo "vision therapy."
20. Get a swimming pool.
21. Play more games.
22. Get a hanging pot rack.
23. Wash and detail our car at least once every two months.
24.Continue to add to my home barista setup.
25. Guitar:
All guitars need one or more things-reassembly,repair,"setup."
Learn how to play...using online lessons and textbooks...Berkley has a free online program for this.
Relearn how to read music.
I want to learn Moonshadow on both the acoustic and electric guitar.
All guitars need to have a boogie bag and a stand.
Buy carrying straps.
26. Niagara:
Visit both the American and Canadian sides.I am leaning towards "Chariots of Fire Tours" as they have a helicopter ride.
Learn a lot of the history beforehand so I can convey the whole experience with my camera.
Be sure to get to the Illumination. Practice nightshots on all the cameras I am going to use beforehand.
Make a book about the whole trip for my coffee table. Have it nicely bound.
Read a fictional book that I have called "Niagara Falls All Over Again."
27. Find a place where I can take a romantic sleigh ride with husband. Walnut Grove (home of Laura Ingall's Wilder) was my ideal but they don't seem to have such an event.
28. Read "The Joy of Cooking":
29. Go horseback riding regularly. I tried e-mailing an equastrian school that offers lessons by riding experience level...but you have to learn tack and so on which I am intimidated by. If this school lets people learn at a slower pace then EVERY week, I will actually take lessons.
30. Read all of the Cantebury Tales....do a piece(s) of artwork for each.
31. Purchase a good telescope that I can take pictures of the nightsky with. Make fractal photos with the pictures...even if I have to play with the colors first.
32.Writing:
Win NaNoWriMO 2009...I have failed miserably every time I have participated.
Continue working on my book about William Clark (of Lewis and Clark fame).
33. Be more ready to open my coffeeshop.
34. Go on a hot air balloon ride....every time I have scheduled such an experience, I have been held back by weather.
35. Buy an Alaskan Klee Kai...a miniature Alaskan Husky.
36. Find a wig manufacturer that I like and purchase a wig that I like. I have cheap Halloween wigs...very cheap. Cheap Halloween wigs are not much fun. I like to be kind of costumey sometimes. Right now I have a demoness-ish wig on a teddy bear….have been calling it “Harvey the Devil Bear.”
37. Take some of Husband's art/jewelry/clothing to at least two Ren faires. Dress appropriately and have fun. I love medieval clothing...so,dressing appropriately and having fun will be the easy part. Scheduling and selling will be the challenge.
38. Plan a trip to Wounded Knee. Make a film about Native American issues out of this...when I go (not necessarily, during the 1001).Re-read "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee." Attend a Pow-Wow that follows the authentic traditions.
39. Get a working stereo. I have come across a lot of non-working stereos but they cost more than the stereo to fix. Build my record collection. I want a record of the "Annie" soundtrack (in good condition).
40. Do a combined study on my blog of:
The Surrendered Wife
The Artist's Way
Eat that Frog (a book about Procrastination)
40 Days and Forty Nights
The Five Love Languages
The Velveteen Principles
Becoming a Vessel God Can Use
I may add more books to this.
41. Read "Dune" the entire series. Make artwork inspired by it as I go along. Seek out "Dune" discussion groups and forums...there were things I didn't understand in the movie and I expect there will be in the book. Re-watch the Dune movie.
42. Watch every video on FoodTube.
43. Finish setting up my sewing room. I have been working on this but need to devise ways to keep this area from getting overrun with everyone else’s clutter.
44. Collect every book ever written by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Start mapping out an itinerary (like people do when they want to follow the Lewis and Clark expedition) to follow Laura‘s life. Someday I want to take a short trip in a covered wagon but not camp out (I don't like camping outdoors).
45. Get out of any and all debt. This does not include student loans. Start keeping better records, so that I can prove when a "debt" is unjustified.
46. Finish my next degree....I am a collector of degrees.
47. Wear more nail polish....particularly OPI (which I like a lot). Husband finds "wear more nail polish" as a goal amusing. I have worn more decals, did a pretty good French manicure and I am going to get back into blending my own colors.
48. Build upon our butterfly garden.
49. Read "The Complete Poetry & Prose of William Blake."
50. Read all 37 of Shakespeare's plays.
51. Learn to draw unicorns. I have always found making their horn look realistic to be impossible. Maybe I can find a book on how to draw unicorns. Once I progress past drawing unicorns, I want to learn how to paint them.
52. Read the entire New Living Translation Bible...twice. Journal as I am reading.
53. Read every alternative history story ever written by Harry Turtledove.
Write my own short story of alternative history.
54. Take a self-portrait photograph every season.
55. Set some TBD (to-be-determined) goals about my calligraphy. Work through "The Calligrapher's Companion."
56. Visit the farm that is the headquarters of Seed Savers...try to learn something new while I am there.
57. See at least two plays a year. I enjoy plays and I think that I can drag others to see them with me at least twice a year.
58. Make a serious attempt to learn to draw/paint portraits.
59. Blog my entire re-reading (and implementation) of "The Tightwad Gazette." I am going to try to teach others some of the tactics presented in these books. The U.S. economic situation is not so good…but we can help each other to thrive.
60. Make a flower press. I have some plans for these...not sure which I am going with.
61. Handmade Christmas cards. Work on Christmas all year.
62. Make my own teas...I have some recipes.Collect many recipes for making tea or using tea.
63. Finish reading Stephen King's "On Writing." Write a review of it on my blog. Eventually write to Stephen King with what I think of the book...start doing this with more artists/writers/actors....I don't quiet know why I want to share my opinion but I like contributing what I can and thanking people. Stephen King-wise, I am planning a trip to see his new musical with John Mellencamp in Atlanta next year.
64. Try swordfish,kangaroo,snake and alligator meat. If I find the initial tasting tolerable, experiment with at least one recipe for each of these.
65. Start a new tropical fish setup...with live plants and lots of ghost shrimp. As a joke, name one of the fish "Esta-fishie."
66. Acquire/make a bookmark for every book I own.
67. Get good enough to sing "You Don't Know How it Feels" at karaoke....and do so. I have been working on this and some other songs. I am now seeking out online voice lessons and tips from people that I know are good singers. I am not the worst singer in the world but not at the level I want to be at.
68. Join a volleyball league. If the first one is not compatible, then try another until I find one that I like.
69. Restore all the wood in our house....no small task.
70. Family tree.
71. Put in a pond and start beekeeping.
72. Be ready to have a little bundle of joy.
73. Become more knowledgeable of great artworks and architecture.
74. Make more soap.
75. Try my hand at making candles. Not soy candles as I can't eat soy...I would assume inhaling it is bad for my thyroid, too.....interesting, I should look into that.
76. Pedicures...I like pretty toenails but always mess them up. Repetition makes for improvement.
77. Transplant my Christmas cactus.
78. Improve our herb garden.
79. Go golfing.
80. Train for a marathon.
81. Start showing more people my photography.
82. Go to BlogHer.
83. Attend Burning Life....something I have already done twice. Get to the point where I have enough knowledge that I can create my own area at this event.
84. I have several relatives I need to visit...this involves trips. I need to start planning these trips (and how the budget will go for this).
85. Do more volunteer work.
86. Learn more family recipes...while their are still people around to teach me.
87. At least twice a year put flowers on graves of diseased loved ones.
88. Start really adding to my GoodReads page.
89. Learn Photoshop better.
90. Continue trying to learn 3-D animation software...this has not been a small task as I don't have much time and often forget everything I learn.
91. More games (board games,video games,etc.) played with Husband.
92. Re-read the Heloise household hint book I have. Of course, Blog about this.
93. Blog my viewpoints on the TV shows I watch.
94. Frame my sentimental photos.
95. Scanning family photos.
96. Organize scrapbooking supplies. This is a tall order as I like to do a lot of handmade stuff but collect too many bits and pieces. I need to develop a system for making sure that I use the neat things I find.
97. Attend another marriage retreat. It takes a while to find one that suits us, but we really enjoyed hearing Gary Chapman over the course of a weekend.
98. Finish a candlestick that I started painting.
99. Work more with fabric and beads. I have a lot of seed beads unopened. I need to get more fabric.
100. Complete my dollhouse. I plan to decorate my dollhouse for Christmas this year.
101. Visit a good zoo,a significant art exhibit and a exciting amusement park at least once each year.

8 comments:

Fruitful Vine2 said...

Good morning. I saw you on SITS roll call and stopped by for a visit. Have a wonderful day. I prayed for your mom when I read your request above.

Lora said...

What a great list! I'm also visiting you from SITS. Love your blog!

Have a great day.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Fruitful Vine-
Thank you. My Mother has many people praying for her. There has been a lot of WAITING with this...it is making me very nervous.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Lora. I love the title of your blog and will come back to visit. :-)

Angele Martin said...

Practice makes perfect, everyone knows that, but especially so for learning the guitar. Realistically, you won't be able to play the guitar now, but the more you practice, the faster you learn. If you want to learn guitar now, you have to practice now!

karlindaadoption said...

That's a good list of stuff to do. Here's hoping you can achieve them all.

Lisa said...

I love your idea of 101 in 1001. Goals don't have to be heavy and long-term. You have a great variety of goals, from practical to creative,personal development and sentimental. I am going to see if I can come up with 101 things that I would like to do, although I think I work better with a smaller number: 10 at a time, going on to create the next 10 when the first is completed.

I hope that all goes well with your mother's health. It may be difficult for her to keep her hopes up, but I imagine that you will lift her up when she is down.

Lisa (ICLW #100)

Jen E said...

I LOVE this idea! How cool! May have to borrow it. :) Mingling--Fashionably late.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5