Saturday, October 03, 2009

Hell's Kitchen. Season 6, Episode 12.




-----I admired Tenille's stand and think she was honest from the beginning about her opinions as to who had done the best. I admired her for answering honestly when put on the spot.

-----Bon Apetit has 5.8 million readers per month. Suzanne said that everyone she knows in the industry reads it. The show said that it is "the culinary world's most popular magazine."
So I started looking for Fall dishes on Bon Appetit's website:
***Mushroom Soup with Hazelnut Gremolata
***Chicken Pot Pie....entirely from scratch.
***Grape Pie. The link for the Lemon Verbena Ice Cream that goes with it is broken.
***Port-Roasted Chestnuts with Grapes
***Dipping Biscuits
***Angus Meatloaf with Crushed Yukon Gold Potatoes and Bibb Salad

-----I liked the way the Challenge was set up...having to pass through more than one level of critique while still being fair. This goes along with what a cuisine magazine has to do....pass on presentation first and people taste it later.
-----I agreed with the choice for best presentation in the challenge. The dish looked very pretty. The second dish chosen was not something I agreed with at first but it would photograph well. I think I would likely enjoy eating the third dish more than the second dish.

Caribbean Sea Bass recipes I found:
-----Broiled Caribbean Sea Bass
-----Caribbean Creole Sea Bass
-----Caribbean Sea Bass with Mango Salsa

I will not be doing a calamari salad until I learn to clean calamari.

I will share more of my thoughts on this episode later. :-)

2 comments:

rashbre said...

We can't watch the video you've posted here in the UK. But I think I know the show from the UK version. There seems to be a lot of pressure on some of these celebrity cooking shows.

The chap named Keith Floyd was a legendary UK chef who passed away recently. He'd taken a different approach in his cooking, which was still good but very relaxed on quantities and ways to make it all work.

I suspect I've followed that approach rather than the precision of some of the highly strung people on some of the TV shows.

Anyhow, good to pop by, and Tanya sent me!

best rashbre

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Yes,I agree on the amount of pressure. This season there seems to be more pressure, more competition and more strategy (the last part often involving stepping down from doing things with integrity).

I will research about Keith Floyd. I am a mixture of several cooking styles...and suspect I will always be that way.

Sometimes, when I do a recipe I stretch it over a few days. If it is something I am excited about, I photograph the ingredients, the dish and sometimes the table after dinner is over. This is fun for me.

Thank you for visiting. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5