Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Heads or Tails Meme..."Pale"

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

If you have read my blog for a while, you may have noticed that I often enjoy cooking with alcoholic beverages more than drinking them.

Here are some recipes:
-----Fiscalini Farms Cheddar Cheese and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Soup. A recipe that is served at The Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park. I plan to make this recipe.
-----Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Mozarella Cheese Bread. A simple recipe that I will be trying.
-----Pale Ale Beef Chili. A recipe from the Texas Beef Council. By the way, the Texas Beef Council is on Twitter. By the way, the Texas Beef Council has many recipes on their website.
-----Ale-Steamed Mussels with French Bread. A recipe from Cooking Light (magazine). I do not know how to debeard a mussel....and wonder if the butcher/fishmonger can do it for me (and show me how to do it).
-----We recently did a beer-battered cod (which could have included onion rings) recently....and I think this would work with Sierra Nevada.
-----Scott's Clam Chowder. Scott's Seafood Grill and Bar.


Kudos to Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. for their efforts with turning beer yeast into ethanol.

________


14 comments:

Sonny said...

Pale Ale. I first thought bout blogging that. So nice choice!

Hugs, Sonny

Visit my blog if you like!

sandy said...

so delicious sandy

Hootin' Anni said...

Excellent post. And a great share for us all today.

Happy Heads or Tails Tuesday wishes to you.

Annie said...

I had to laugh when I saw the recipe posted for the Ahwahnee lodge. My son went to school with one of the Fiscalini daughters.

Karen said...

Great thought for pale! I never heard of this brand but I don't get out much. LOL

Calico Crazy said...

A controlled sodium version of that pale ale chili is going on the menu, yum!

Grace said...

GREAT HOTs... I'm going to have to take a better look at some of these recipes... I'm getting hungry... ummm and thirsty LOL

Come pop by my HOTS if you have a sec....

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thanks, Sonny. Great minds think alike. :-)

Husband agreed with me that I often prefer cooking with alcohol to drinking it.

I got a sort of funny educational moment recently. I did not know that the wine glass I was drinking from was made for Zinfandel....and got dizzy. I will definitely remember that now if I decide to sip while cooking.*blush*

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Sandy, Thank you for visiting. :-) It says that your profile is not public. I will check the meme to see if you do have a public blog. :-)

Beer and sherry are two of two of the things I really like to cook with....and they have a radically different effect on a meal.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Hootin' Ani-
I hope that you are having a great week. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Annie-
Cliche...but it's a small world. Thank you again for your support and kind comments on some of my other posts. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Karen-
I hang out on a lot of cooking threads and forums. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Calico Crazy-
I love it when I inspire someone to try something...and I am very flattered. Thank you.

I often substitute low-sodium or lowfat ingredients. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Grace-
I hope you find a recipe that you like...and that your week has gone well.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5