Friday, July 10, 2009

In My Life.....

-----Remembering a couple of years ago about this time when Tony Blair called upon Muslims to root out Extremists. Reading it further, I guess that I am calling upon myself to try to understand the whole issue. I try to understand all viewpoints of an issue and I feel like I am under-informed about this conflict. I do not truly understand what Extremists (and those who at least see their point) are alleging the West has done. There have been too many conflicts for me to keep up with what each side is saying. I guess war really does "escalate"....beyond understanding.
-----I still want to grow beebalm in order to make tea. It strikes me as such a pretty flower. I haven't found a place that sells the plants yet (I am not very good at starting from seed).

-----Thrift shop finds in between the many errands today (bills,grocery shopping,etc.).
*The Tender Bar: A Memoir by J.R. Moehringer. This book was a New York Times Bestseller and a New York Times Book Review Notable Book of the Year. It is about a young fatherless boy who befriends the patrons of a local bar (I am assuming something kind of pub-like).
*The Utah Dining Car: Junior League of Ogden Cookbook. I love dining car food. I don't know if all of the recipes are from the days before the dining cars (when there were dining stations)....but we will see. It is what I call a "real" recipe book....the kind I like reading and exploring from cover to cover.
*The Enchanted Broccoli Forest. The followup to the Moosewood Cookbook. Husband got a chuckle out of the title. It is a perfect book for me. There are a lot of recipes that strike me as thrifty. I am particularly interested in trying the Swedish Cabbage Soup....glad that I have some cabbage.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Dear Blue - here are three online sources for Bee Balm plants. Happy looking.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100668892&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=100668892&cm_mmc=shopping-_-google-_-D28X-_-100668892


http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26678378


http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/44612?cid=pport0001&CAWELAID=63704856

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH,ANNIE!!!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I knew that there would likely be some online but did not know how to start looking for affordable beebalm sources. I wonder if Home Depot sometimes carries it at their actual stores. I am excited.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5