Saturday, June 13, 2009

Calendar....

Licensed photo...DO NOT COPY.
Photo by Quentin Houyoux.
Title: Maya Calendar
Description: Artifact of Maya Calendar in a sunray



-----TODAY: Homes for Our Troops Gala. This a charity dedicated to building specially adapted homes for severely injured service members. Please keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers.
-----TODAY: Bikerfest 2009. Austin, Texas. I will go some day.....and maybe wear a Cyndi Lauper costume (that last part was a Twitter-inspired joke....but I really might do it)
-----NOW: San Diego Zoo's "Elephant Odyssey" exhibit has opened.
-----July 3-5: Freedom Fiesta. 42nd annual. Seguin,Texas. It has a jalapeno-eating contest.
-----July 4-August 4: World E-book Fair. I attend each year. Thousands of e-books can be browsed and downloaded for FREE.
-----July 29-August 2: Maine Lobster Festival. I was just reading a review of this event (and whether one should partake) written by the late David Foster Wallace. It is the 62nd Annual celebration.
-----August 15-16: Texas Testosterone Festival
-----September 20,2009-January 3,2010: The Artistic Furniture of Charles Rohlfs. Dallas Museum of Art exhibit.I am wondering about the framework under the piece shown...was this to store something on or purely decorative? Beautiful carving.
-----2011. Six Flags Amusement Parks 50th Anniversary Celebration. I plan to go to at least part of it. In less fun news, Six Flags had to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection this week.
-----Sometime: There is to be a biographical film about Sam Kinison. It will air on HBO. I wonder if they could get the actual celebrities for the "Wild Thing" video. I also hope that some of Sam's sermons from when he was a pastor are included.
-----Sometime: I am hoping that Iron Butterfly answers my e-mailed suggestion that they somehow digitalize Elvis singing In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida. Elvis would have been excellent at singing this song. :-) It would be neat to see. :-) Husband does a pretty good imitation of what this would be like....I ask him to do it for me all the time.

What's happening in your life (and on your blog)??? :-)
What else should I add to this list?

No comments:

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5