Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What I'm Wishing For.... :-)



This week we were to tell about the new pill we would want to have invented. The pill did not have to be something that could actually be created.

My answer:
I would want a "do-over pill"...and I would share it with a few politicians.

____________________

Other things I want:
-----To visit Dollywood. I want to go on there new SkyZip ride. Multiple ziplines in the Smokey Mountains. I also want to safely see a bear in Smokey Mountains National Park.
-----To write a nice Christmas letter this year. I will write a version of my Christmas letter for the blogosphere,too.
-----To visit Graceland. For some reason, I want to make leaf rubbings of the Fall leaves there...a souvenir that would suit me.
-----To have Hogan's Heroes remade into a movie. I would want it done in a way that was not offensive to Germans/other people in WWII.We have the complete series that we have been slowly watching....and then passing on to my Mother (who is very ill and likes them to pass the time). TVLand.com has a rotating schedule of episodes that you can watch for FREE. I discovered that I had this want thanks to the last "I Want Wednesday" that I participated in.
-----More storage containers....lots more. I am especially longing for refrigerator and closet containers.
-----A dehydrator.To make different kinds of jerky. I am intrigued by jerky made out of salmon.
-----To buy a case of Blu Frog (energy drink) for Summer guests. This is if they stay long enough for them to be enjoyed. I like the flavor much more than Red Bull. Unique.
-----More farm-fresh eggs. I have found someone to buy them from and need to call to start arranging pick-ups. Maybe I will tell people I am subscribing to farm-fresh eggs. :-)
-----To find if the song Judd Nelson sang about wanting to be an Airborne Ranger is a real song. If so, I want to learn the lyrics.
-----The series "The Chopping Block" to have another season.
-----To get a big thick chopping block like they use at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America).
-----To find a medieval-looking dress that coordinates with my green Marvin the Martian fisherman's hat.
-----Purchase a mosquito trap called a "Mosquito Magnet" for the grill area. The Mosquito Magnet traps the mosquitos for 200 feet! Until I get my Mosquito Magnet, I need to purchase some citronella-candle topped garden stakes to put around the yard. I do not like the smell of citronella.
-----To avoid catching the Swine/summer Flu.
-----To try a lot of grilling recipes this Summer....especially marinades. I have been collecting different marinades whenever I see a clearance or sale at the grocery.
-----To try linguini with clam sauce. Both the red and the white sauce.
-----To attend the BlogHer and SXSW Conferences within the next few years.
-----To attract a lot of bees to my yard (fairly safe bees only). I am trying to do my part to fight Bee Collapse. Next year we plan to start beekeeping.
-----This Iron Butterfly Baseball Cap. I would also like to see a video that actually looks like Elvis singing Inna-Gadda-di-Vida.....I think he would have been awesome at singing this. I wrote an e-mail to Iron Butterfly telling them that they should do this.
-----To visit at least one zoo and one amusement park this summer. Hopefully on a non-rainy day. I always seem to show up at the amusement park on a rainy day.
-----To take a cruise to somewhere warm. Cliche but true wish. I also plan on a whale-watching cruise to New England/Alaska.
-----To play Bossaball. I do not know of anywhere in the United States that offers this game. I hope I am in better shape the first time that I play.
-----To find ways of eating meat that cause less strain on the environment.
-----To have a complete lapidary equipment setup.
-----To redecorate the bathroom. As soon as I get the motivation to start this, I can change it to "I am in the process of redecorating the bathroom." The only decoration our bathroom has right now is the mirror, shower curtain and one pretty soap bar.
-----A new stock pot set. I want to make sure that this set is made better (last did not take to prolonged periods of heat...I kid you not). I also want it to be the correct width/height proportion to not have soup evaporate quickly.
-----A claw-foot tub
-----A rubber duckie. I have told Husband that they have rubber duckies at the dollar store. I am going to drop this "hint" to Husband again.
-----This Kool-Aid Man hoodie.
-----To read a graphic novel called "Nixon's Pals" about a man who is a parole officer for super heroes.
-----To learn both freehand and string glowsticking.
-----Replace a necklace chain that I am allergic to.Repair a couple that have broken.
-----Purchase and board a horse. Or at least go horseback riding with the same horse on a regular basis. Learn how to saddle/care for a horse. There is an equestrian school that I really want to attend.
-----To make another Kiva investment (micro-business loans to third-world countries).
-----To open a coffee shop....obviously.
-----More home barista equipment.
-----To go Zorbing.
-----To go on a hot air ballon ride. Every time I have tried, the weather has thwarted me.
-----To get more intense w/my urban farming efforts.
-----To get a truck....because we have to borrow one a lot when hauling manure and the like.
-----To get my Phd.
-----Finish paying off this laptop. I have no idea how much I have left to pay.
-----Get the proper set-up and repairs done for my guitars. Then learn how to play them. I need a boogie bag for all but one.
-----To watch every video on FoodTube.
-----To get a working record player.
-----To put down tiles on the floor of the kitchen sink cabinet...we always seem to be breaking the same pipe and this would be better for the wood. I got this idea from "The Itty Bitty Kitchen Handbook" by Justin Spring.
-----People to keep my Mother in their thoughts and prayers. She has Stage 4 Breast Cancer,Diabetes,Had a Heart Attack and has a host of other health problems. Please think/pray about her if you can.
_______________

Something I wanted that I got...a dishwasher! Still haven't used because we have to get a sink adapter. Eventually it will be hooked up via a permanent pipe under the sink.
_______________

Participate in "I Want" #33

8 comments:

Noner said...

Thanks for Participating in IWW again!

A do over pill would be great! And I will keep your mom in my thoughts.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I have fun participating. Thank you for thinking of my Mom's situation. They are optimistic again...saying that the tumor has shrunk by 75-80% and that she should go into remission after chemo,surgery and radiation. Feel like on a very strange roller coaster.

Sleepypete said...

I think a lot of the UK politicians will be wanting that Do-Over pill :-) At least the ones that got caught doing unwise things with their expenses claims will be ...

Fingers crossed for your mom. We've got someone at work who's also suffering from breast cancer at the moment, we're all hoping she pulls through too.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I just don't understand,considering how much is at stake for their future, why politicians do that with expenses. The short-term gain must be really addictive. I hope that counseling is offered to some of the people. We have some here that could use counseling on things like that. It amazes me that some politicians would actually need the "Do-Over Pill" more than once for that sort of thing.

I will keep your friend/co-worker in my thoughts and prayers. Is she still able to go to work?

Sleepypete said...

She's not back full time yet - the chemo knocks her flat. But she's been coming in more lately :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Glad to hear that....about your co-worker coming in. As long as it doesn't seem to be a strain....if she needs to work. I hope she is finding time to fit in Happy Moments.

2010 Wedding Dresses said...

thanks for your sharing! great helpful!!!Thank you
Louboutin Shoes 
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Christian Louboutin Pumps 
louboutin
Christian Louboutin Boots 
Christian Louboutin Pumps
Christian Louboutin Heels 
Christian Louboutin Sandal
Pigalle Christian Louboutin 
fur boots
christian louboutin fur boots
louboutin pumps
louboutin fur boots
coyote fur boots
christian louboutin heels
silver strappy sandals
christian louboutin toundra
loubitan studded bow peep
Wedding Dress Shops
vintage wedding dresses 
wedding dresses
cheap mobile phone
Wedding Dress Shops
Wedding Dresses 2011
Wedding Dress Shops
Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses
bridal jackets
wedding jackets
bridal jackets
halter neck wedding dresses
off the shoulder wedding dresses
vintage wedding dresses
wedding dresses with sleeves
wedding jackets for the bride

2010 Wedding Dresses said...

thanks for your sharing! great helpful!!!Thank you
Louboutin Shoes 
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Christian Louboutin Pumps 
louboutin
Christian Louboutin Boots 
Christian Louboutin Pumps
Christian Louboutin Heels 
Christian Louboutin Sandal
Pigalle Christian Louboutin 
fur boots
christian louboutin fur boots
louboutin pumps
louboutin fur boots
coyote fur boots
christian louboutin heels
silver strappy sandals
christian louboutin toundra
loubitan studded bow peep
Wedding Dress Shops
vintage wedding dresses 
wedding dresses
cheap mobile phone
Wedding Dress Shops
Wedding Dresses 2011
Wedding Dress Shops
Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses
bridal jackets
wedding jackets
bridal jackets
halter neck wedding dresses
off the shoulder wedding dresses
vintage wedding dresses
wedding dresses with sleeves
wedding jackets for the bride

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5