Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summertime....meme.

Saturday 9: Hot Fun in the Summertime

1. Is summer your favorite season? Why?
No. The heat and humidity. Mainly the humidity. I detest the struggling to keep the garden alive in the summer heat.

2. Do you exercise more in the summer because you wear less clothing?
No. Then again I don't usually wear that much less. I feel more comfortable if my arms are covered as I work more on things were I get dirty in the summer. I don't like getting my arms dirty or scratched. Also, mosquitoes give me problems...that means covering up at those times, too.
-----I will be trying some of this large list of mosquito bite relief tips this summer.

3. Do you enjoy tanning or are you more concerned about the dangers of basking in the sun?
I know I shouldn't but occasionally I enjoy tanning. I like to look healthy and I am happy if I accidentally got tan.

4. You are on the beach when a waiter appears for your drink order. What do you ask for?
A tequila sunrise. Or a sweet cherry wine. This summer, I am planning to try a Orange Sunset. I look forward to reading everyone's answers on this question as I love trying new things.

5. Do you camp in the summertime?
We plan on refurbishing a tour or school bus to use as an RV. I wanted to take months and follow the Oregon trail in our RV...like a tame recreation of the Oregon Trail game...Husband has agreed to play along but only for two weeks. I do not like tent camping...safety issues.

6. What was your favorite summer vacation as a kid?
Going to a zoo or large museum. We did a lot of educational stuff. On a hot summer day ice cream at a zoo (or amusement park) just seems more fun and wondrous.

7. Do you enjoy sleeping outdoors?
If I feel safe. I plan on bathing outdoors...we are going to put in a tubhouse sooner or later. The tubhouse will have a clawfoot tub,shower and whirlpool....all basically outdoors.

8. Do you throw a summer barbecue every year?
Maybe. This year being our first. I would love to get a group photo of all my friends and loved ones each year.

9. Have you ever been to a nude beach? If yes, what did you think?
No,never been. I would not go nude. I would take artistic photos if people would let me. I would prefer a beach with great scenic beauty if I were to go to a nude beach.

Participate in this week's Saturday 9.
_____________________

-----Discussion of summer travel on BlogHer
_____________________

Summer wish:
I wish that I had enough money to go overseas to the Isle of Wight Music Festival.The Prodigy and Basement Jaxx will be there this year. Two groups I enjoy.

14 comments:

Vicki said...

My husband and I refurbished an old school bus. When we were done it looked as good if not better than a brand new motor home inside. We had a convection oven, freezer, washer etc. It was amazing. We eventually sold it to my FIL, wish we hadn't.

AD said...

interesting summer :)

http://fart-in-a-jar.blogspot.com/2009/05/saturday-9-hot-fun-in-summertime.html

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I definitely will not be tempted to sell the bus...even if we get offers. I have so many fun travel plans.

I am Harriet said...

I'm with ya on the humidity thing. Yuck!
Have a great weekend.

NurseExec said...

Aaackk. Humidity sucks. Have a happy Saturday :)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I always liked zoos as a kid. Great responses! Enjoy your day...

Duchess Dethroned said...

#5 sounds fun! I like your drink choices, too.

Cris said...

Wow - good luck on the reburb. Big job but oh so fun. I would love to take an rv cross-country. If you get to the NE part of the Oregon Trail, let me know!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Harriet-
I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

AD-
I haven't visited your Summer post yet...but I did read the one about what you look for in a perspective relationship. If you find someone like your description, that will be a very neat person. I wish you lots of Love. I will visit your Summer post shortly...just got distracted by your other great post. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

AD-
The blog address amused me...."Fart in a Jar."

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Nurse Exec-
It was not a happy Saturday...so much as a LONG Saturday. We tried to make it fun by watching a movie at the end...but had to give up because Husband and I were both sleepy. Even the dog couldn't stay awake.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Duchess. Glad to see a fellow coffee-lover.

2010 Wedding Dresses said...

thanks for your sharing! great helpful!!!Thank you
Louboutin Shoes 
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Christian Louboutin Pumps 
louboutin
Christian Louboutin Boots 
Christian Louboutin Pumps
Christian Louboutin Heels 
Christian Louboutin Sandal
Pigalle Christian Louboutin 
fur boots
christian louboutin fur boots
louboutin pumps
louboutin fur boots
coyote fur boots
christian louboutin heels
silver strappy sandals
christian louboutin toundra
loubitan studded bow peep
Wedding Dress Shops
vintage wedding dresses 
wedding dresses
cheap mobile phone
Wedding Dress Shops
Wedding Dresses 2011
Wedding Dress Shops
Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses
bridal jackets
wedding jackets
bridal jackets
halter neck wedding dresses
off the shoulder wedding dresses
vintage wedding dresses
wedding dresses with sleeves
wedding jackets for the bride

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5