Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swine Flu

-----Some in government want to change the name from "Swine Flu."
-----Practical advice about swine flu....from a Community Health professor. I am glad that a few things are mentioned that one could take if they get Swine Flu.
-----Do the masks work???
-----Regular flu has killed thousands since January. (via Kruezer) I think the last sentence is particularly pertinent.
-----1976 Swine Flu Propaganda Commercial...I don't know if it is real.
-----It is being speculated that Pete Doherty might have swine flu. (via @buildmaster)

2 comments:

Gary Jones said...

I have noticed the media is pushing this down our throats pretty hard.

I know it's deadly but is this a bit to much or just a deversion from the economic issues (recession)?

Oh BTW - NetChick sent me :)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I am still thinking about the economic issues. Trying to have multiple income streams. I will not put all my eggs in one basket.

I am more concerned than many about the swine flu. I have a weak immune system and come into contact with a lot of sick people. I live in an area where people are rude and think nothing of sneezing/coughing on you. Sneezing and coughing are among some of the less germy things that I have seen/experienced some do!

I am trying to be as practical as I can in precautions about the Swine Flu. Short of not leaving ones house, there is no real avoiding possible exposure.

I have read that if you get it now, that might be good if the strain turns worse later....giving a bit of an edge in fighting it off.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5