Saturday, April 04, 2009

On the road again.....

-----Went past a town called Sleepy Hollow. :-) Taking a trip to drop a friend off to visit her parents.
-----I have never been to Tanger Outlet Center in Williamsburg, Iowa and always wanted to go. Not today though apparently....all we had time to do was stop at the gas station restroom. There is little (read this as no) Broadband Access at Tanger for some reason...so I was robbed of evening Twittering that I was there when I was there.There was a store or restaurant called Le Gourmet Chef that was so close....yet so far out of reach. Sadly, this is the second time I have had this exact same letdown (minus the broadband). Not dejavu....dejadidn't.
-----Discovered there is NO broadband access in Williamsburg, Iowa.
-----My other friend is a smoker. He accidentally lit me on fire today while smoking in the car. There must be a hole in my clothing somewhere. Hurt in a couple of places and I will not be smelling so rosy for the rest of the day. Now picturing Smokey the Bear chasing after the car.
-----Passed a town called Malcom....wonder what it is in the middle of. Yes, I am being corny.
-----My 9-hhour NEW battery barely lasts three hours when traveling...apparently. I hope that just has something to do with the Broadband access. Our car charger is not working. Hopefully, I will be able to charge battery at some point.
-----As usual, when we travel there are so many dead animals on the side of the road.The decapitated dead deer was very upsetting.

4 comments:

ThomasLB said...

Wow- if somebody had set me on fire, it would have been higher than #4 on my list!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I never could find a hole....there was smoke and ash coming from me. No flames but a smell of burning plastic....I think from some part of my bra.

This is the 4th person I have had do something similar in the past year....this one being the most severe incident. I don't understand why some people are not more careful with smoking on windy days. I am told it is because smokers get used to being burnt once-in-a-while.

I was wearing a t-shirt,a flannel and a jacket....ALL cotton. I am very thankful for what I was wearing. I could have chosen something dresser for the pictures I had intended to have taken at dinner-that would not have been cotton.

By the time I wrote this, the incident had become part of my day...another odd mis-adventure of traveling.

Sleepypete said...

I occasionally feel Sleepy Hollow. It's usually followed by a visit to the Pizza Shop :-)

Don't think I've been set on fire but I've seen what happens when people with Very Long Hair try soldering components into a circuit board ... Picture Bloke hunched over his work, with hair dangling over - and now try not to think of the singed hair smell :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Pizza comment made me laugh.

The people soldering obviously should be tying their hair back. Wondering if they learn after a while...or just keep burning it.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5