Saturday, February 07, 2009

Calendar

Licensed photo...DO NOT COPY.
Photo by Quentin Houyoux.
Title: Maya Calendar
Description: Artifact of Maya Calendar in a sunray


-----How are you doing on your goals for the New Year?
-----February 8: The Grammy Awards
-----February 13-15: Katsucon 15. Katsucon is an annual fan convention for those interested in anime, manga and Japanese culture.
-----May 2: Free Comic Book Day I usually find something of interest each year.
-----Sometime: There is to be a biographical film about Sam Kinison. It will air on HBO. I wonder if they could get the actual celebrities for the "Wild Thing" video.
-----Sometime: I am hoping that Iron Butterfly answers my e-mailed suggestion that they somehow digitalize Elvis singing In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida. Elvis would have been excellent at singing this song. :-) It would be neat to see. :-)

What's happening in your life (and on your blog)??? :-)
_________________

As for what is happening in my life: Please keep my Mother in your thoughts and prayers. The list of things that she is battling is very long....including the risk of a second heart attack, diabetes and Stage 4 Breast Cancer. :-( My mom has been through two chemo sessions and seems to be dealing well with that. She has not lost her hair at this time (of course, she is anxious about possibly losing it).

4 comments:

ThomasLB said...

There have been a lot of actresses and singers who have shaved their heads: Natalie Portman, Demi Moore, Sinead O'Connor, Sigourney Weaver, Persis Khambatta, and I'll go ahead and add Britney Spears. I thought all of these women looked quite feminine and striking. Without a big mane of hair, they're eyes looked big and doe-like.

I know your mother would probably never choose to go hairless, but if it happens, I think a few quick strokes of eyeliner is all it would take to make her feel better about herself. (Of course, you might want to have a head scarf ready- just in case.)

ThomasLB said...

(Why do I only notice these things *after* I hit publish? It should be "their eyes." Argh!)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

She is allergic to most eye makeup....and thus very much shys away from it. I think doing such would be lovely though.

I see her tomorrow....and will see if I need to go hat/scarf/whatever shopping.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I hope that my Mother doesn't get too depressed if she does loose her hair.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5