Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Fill-In....

1. It seems like _____.
Obama is doing a much better job than Bush.

2. _____ when you're done, please?
Wash your hands. For instance, seeing a woman lick every single bit of food off her fingers and then want to serve customers at a restaurant. For instance, people who don't feel they need to wash when returning from the restroom. For instance, the person who is cleaning at closing time....also at restaurants.

3. If I thought you _____ I'd _____!
The only thing I can think of is the song lyric...."If I knew your were coming, I'd have baked a cake!" I am super-excited because I just found a recipe for an Ale Cake.


4. _____ is what I think of most when I think of you.
I don't have an answer for this one yet...as far as the Blogosphere goes. I think that many people would either say Blogging or Generosity...if this question were about me. That is not a boast...I just write a lot and Gift a lot.

5. To me, Valentine's Day means _____.
Of course, a celebration of love. One of the gifts that I had not seen before is Cake and a Prayer. Husband is restoring a cuckoo clock that he found for me....that is my Valentine's gift. I still do not know what to get him....looking for some sort of special wine. I think Husband's gift will be a wine in a hand-decorated bag....and a handmade certificate for a wine-of-the month (picked for his tasting pleasure by me). There....answering this question finally made me figure out what to get that might make Husband smile.

6. _____ gives me strength.
Husband's love. Not exactly a good habit...but, so do caffeinated mints.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____!
Tonight-Beer Bratwurst w/cabbage
Saturday-something Valentiney. Including a slow dance.
Sunday-Visiting my Mother. She is doing OK...seems to be losing some hair from the chemo (Stage 4 Breast Cancer). Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers...that the chemo is working.

Participate in Friday Fill-In #111. :-)

13 comments:

Lynda said...

Love the cake recipe - one to try ;0)

Yvonne said...

The cuckoo clock sounds lovely. Have a great weekend!

Janet said...

re: #5 - glad I could help :-)

I hope your Mom will be ok...she's in my thoughts.

With you on #1!

And it's a pet peeve of mine, people who lick their fingers...GROSS!!! Especially when they make noise. GAH!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Lynda-
I have never partaken of Ale Cake. It was a pleasant surprise to find. I was looking for "unusual cake recipes"....and there it was. :-)

We had Beer Bratwurst tonight. I think the next time we do this I will get extra beer for a cake.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Have a wonderful weekend, Yvonne. I will be over to visit your blog shortly. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Janet-
I am almost wondering if I should just go get the person's supervisor. I have had people get downright nasty when I ask them to wash their hands. I get sick from that kind of thing fairly easy though (thyroid issues). On more than one occasion, I have gotten sick in a way that is directly traceable to some restaurant (and handwashing).

I wonder what President Bush is doing now. I know that Mrs. Bush said he was going to lecture like Bill Clinton. I don't think that would be a wise move if there were a question and answer session. I would imagine that those asking the questions might get a bit irrate.

The first wine Husband will be trying is called Toad Hollow. We already did "Our Daily Red" this week....actually the name of an organic wine from California. I plan on doing educational/fun activities to go with each wine. I will likely blog my efforts at this. :-)

Thank you so much. re my Mother.I hope that all is well with your family.

Charles Bjørnsen Ravndal said...

I hope your mom will be fine. She'll be in my thoughts too.

Regarding octumom, I've read that she has a website now that ask for donations and such.

Charles Bjørnsen Ravndal said...

I forgot to say that Netchick sent me. Sorry!

David said...

praying for your mom.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Charles-
Thanks for visiting. I am hoping that my Mom will be fine...I am a big one for Hoping.

I have seen Nadya's website. Comments are very moderated...as in not visible. I would like it if that website started having news (taking safety regarding location into consideration). Regardless of anyone's opinions of Nadya, I hope that the children have beautiful lives.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, David. Your prayers are always appreciated. My Mom just got a wig and is about to start the rest week from chemo.

Mike Althouse said...

Not big on holidays generally - there are a few that are good, or rather, if there were only a few they might be good, but I just think there are too many days set aside to commemorate something. I wrote a little commentary about it for a column writing class in college. It was called National Holiday Day. It's just a little sarcastic, but it makes a point.

Tanya sent me,

Mike

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Mike-I like the conclusion of your column. I think sometimes the Holidays help to bring back the wonder and fun that some adults lose.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5