Friday, January 09, 2009

My mother is my first client......

One of the business plan secrets that I have been sitting on for a while is that I want my coffee shop to be a not-for-profit or charity that helps GREATLY with the people/needs of my community. I did not want to give too many details to competition and did not feel confident enough to say I was going to undertake such an ENORMOUS task yet. Now, the time has come for me to just do it anyway....both online and where I live in RL.

Sadly, my mother was diagnosed with a string of things in the past week.....the initial diagnoses all came in ONE DAY. Notably, she has diabetes, had a silent heart attack and today's biopsy confirmed that it IS BREAST CANCER....STAGE 4 BREAST CANCER.

Maybe I can inspire my mother in whatever time she has left. My mother has not seen as much as of the world as your average adult....not at all. I think the greatest present us children could give her is to see us living our dreams and to help her experience as much of what she enjoys as we can.

I do not know how long my mother has to live....may find out next week. I am scared. If a co-worker had not MADE my mother go to the hospital for breathing issues....DOCTORS SAID WE WOULD HAVE LOST HER BY THIS WEEK. When one is scared is sometimes the best time to start actually living one's dreams.

Part of our coffeeshop (sort of Husband's, too) will benefit terminally ill people. Ideally, we would like to show them the world before they leave this world....think of it as the world in a Reader's Digest abridged addition. My mother, a voracious reader, would love that last comment.

What do we want to do for the terminally ill?
Find out what would make them truly happy...and do what we can
Accept donations of any kind that might help in even the smallest way
Give them a place to hang out (when they can)
Give them something pretty to look at.....artwork,etc.
Raise money to help
Vsit hospitals in costume (childrens' wards)

Your ideas, thoughts,etc. are much appreciated. PLEASE HELP ME TO HELP MY MOTHER. I want to start both an online store and a RL store that will do things like this. The RL store will be the coffee/hobby store that I have always talked about. So will the online store.

My heart is telling me that I need to accomplish this all as QUICKLY as possible. I did not know that my mother would be my first client. :-(

4 comments:

Brandie said...

Many hugs and prayers for you and your mom right now. Sadly, I have no ideas to give you - but I will be praying for your entire family through all of this.

ThomasLB said...

I'm sorry to hear of your mother's diagnosis. My thoughts are with you and your family.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Brandie. Prayers are a wonderful way to help. :-)

I don't know what to do....but I believe in swift action. I have been looking at different places/people that might be able to help and have contacted a few.

Hugs to you and your family/loved ones.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, as always, Thomas....for being such a kind man. Hugs.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5