Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's time to organize the movies.



Keeping track of your DVD library can be difficult. Some of my siblings have been urging me to find software to keep track of what I have....this is what they do. Right now, I am looking at sample software that I downloaded called "All My Movies."

Of course, there are a lot of benefits to having a dvd database. For us this would be helpful not to buy more than one of the same movie. We have accidentally purchased duplicate movies several times....sometimes with no way of returning them.

A nice thing about "All My Movies" is that it downloads movie details for you. To me, this would save a lot of typing. I actually take notes while watching a lot of educational programs...so, I do a lot of typing during/regarding movies. I might actually learn something from organizing my movies. :-)
-I love knowing as many details as I can about whatever I am watching.
-I am trying to figure out whether it operates off a internet movie database or The Internet Movie Database (IMDB).

Things that I potentially like about All My Movies:
-----You can enter UPC and barcodes. The site that I use to catalog my books does this and it has come in handy quiet a few times (for getting an exact match of the item).
-----Can save to mobile devices like your PDA or smartphone. I have just started figuring out how to sync my new phone with things. I hope that the smartphone sync is easy.
-----The software can actually play movies....I don't know how many formats yet.
-----Has a loan manager. We frequently forget who a movie was lent to....and then it doesn't come back until months later (if at all).
-----There are backup options. So, your movie inventory is not easily lost.

Anyway....I will blog about my further explorations of "All My Movies."



http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmymovies.html
__________________

Random movies from my Collection:
-----"Weirdsville"....Husband says we liked it, but it was very strange. I do not remember this movie. This is where movie organization software would be very helpful.
-----"Catch & Release"....with Jennifer Garner. Sad movie. Had some very odd moments...like life.
-----"88 Minutes"...with Al Pacino. I liked LeeLee Sobieski in this...she played Joan of Arc well (in some other movie that I can't remember the name of). Good movie...though the womanizing parts were a little overdone (IMO).
-----"The Confessor." Not Christian Slater's best portrayal. I found him more believable as a priest on the second viewing though.
-----"The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari." A early German expressionist film. Silent film but the script is easily deciphered.
-----"Elvis: '68 Comeback Special Edition." I love the camera work. I think the camera work then was better than much of it now. I really want someone to digitalize Elvis singing Iron Butterfly's In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida....and this would be the perfect film to try to do something like that from.

:-)

4 comments:

ThomasLB said...

How do you input a barcode? Do they sell wands, or do you email them a scan?

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I think that you either input the barcode by hand or using a device (either something purchased especially for the computer or one of those code readers that people were using at the grocery stores for a while).

Anonymous said...

Hello my loved one! I want to say that this article is awesome, great
written and include almost all vital infos.
I would like to peer more posts like this .


Feel free to visit my web blog :: projekty ogrodów wrocław

Anonymous said...

Greеtings! This is my firѕt comment heгe ѕo I just ωantеԁ to giνe a quiсk shоut оut and tell yοu I
truly enjoy rеadіng through youг blog ρosts.
Ϲan you reсommend аny other blogs/ωebsites/fοrumѕ that gο over the samе subjеcts?
Thank yοu!

Here is my weblοg - visit the following internet page

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5