Thursday, January 22, 2009

In My Life....

-----Just started experimenting with a new networking site called "Acobay." I like any kind of thing were people recommend items to each other via word of mouth. At Acobay, people talk about their "stuff"...and have conversations with people who have like interests. In the interest of Internet safety, I will only be talking about things I consider Internet-safe.....but this has so many possibilities. :-)
-----Reading "I Love You, Ronnie: The Letters of Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan." The Reagans and the Reeves are the two couples that I really admire out of all the Hollywood couples. I have the book about love letters that Dana Reeve wrote.
-----We had to buy Doggie a new training leash today. Doggie broke the old one and decided to run just out of reach for about 4 or 5 blocks. Husband lost twice while chasing....but Doggie kept making sure Husband was there like a child does when first learning to run. The only reason Doggie was actually catchable was because stopped to explore a fence (with the squirrel that started this all attached). Grand adventure for Doggie....glad it did not end in having to put up "Lost" posters.
-----I am very nervous about my Mother's test results for the cancer that she has. We know it is bad....we will find out how bad next week.

4 comments:

ThomasLB said...

We used to have a dog that ran. We found that the best way to recapture him was take a handful of cat food- the smelliest you can find- and simply sit down with your hand out. Eventually, he'll smell it and want a bite.

Your family is in my prayers. Many times anticipation is the hardest part- it's much easier to deal with things once you know what it is you're dealing with.

David said...

I AM praying for you and your mother today ( i know this feeling so well.) do you have someone to talk to about your worries? like a therapist or counselor at church?

Psalm 27

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thomas-
Thank you for the advice. Any recommendations on cat food that is really smelly?

The anticipation is very maddening. Hoping that it is not the worst news. It could be that it is only what they have found and the blood....that would supposedly be very treatable.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

David-
Thank you. I can talk to my husband....but that is about it. A few other people understand...but don't have time. It is sad that people just don't carry enough....even in the face of the most dire circumstances. I am trying hard to be positive no matter the expectations with my Mother's illness. That is the best that I can answer this.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5