Monday, December 01, 2008

Curious as a Cat Meme.....

It's Week Number 146. This is a fun meme.

1) What is the most unbelievable thing you have ever witnessed?
SEVERAL situations like the recent Walmart stampede where the man was crushed to death. I have seen store visits/employment result in death on multiple occasions. I have seen children (and adults) severely injured. I have seen shoppers and employee NOT CARE and even get angry that a medical emergency was interrupting their shopping experience. I AM NOT KIDDING. I am so sad about the Walmart incident.
-----I have helped as much as I could during these incidents...some of which I was the only one helping. Off the top of my head, I can think of 10 times where I have seen people utterly disregard a life-and-death situation....and I am sure there are more. :-(
-----I have never seen anything caused by the actions of others (like the Wal-mart stampede) but I just don't understand how people can actually try to interrupt medical efforts so they can continue about their day-to-day routine (not wanting to wait a little longer to shop,eat,travel,etc.) If they guessed the outcome of their actions (or heard it on the news), at least some of the people I have encountered might change their attitudes about Life. It really is pretty much impossible to prosecute people who do stuff like this. :-(
-----Thinking about this further...another thing that infuriates me is people who cut into a funeral procession and almost cause accidents so that they can get somewhere faster. I actually had someone do this at a loved one's funeral and then catch our attention...so that we could see they were laughing.

2) If you could change your identity completely (money no object), what would the new you be like?
Sometimes I would like to go back and undo all tragedies in my life and the lives of my loved ones...but I guess that would require super powers and hard decisions (good things that we value dearly often come out of the bad things). Well, since I won't be endowed with superpowers in the foreseeable future, I would do a lot of humanitarian things. I would send a lot of anonymous care packages to specific people that I had found out about in ramshackle villages. In my personal life, I would have an aviary filled with the most unusual bird houses. I would have a very large stone wall around my house....for a rose garden and to protect me from this ever-more-dangerous world we live in. I would spend my days being an Internet activist about the causes that I believe in....it is amazing how much you can help others via the Internet if you care enough to try. The new me would travel...A LOT. The new me sounds a lot like the old me....but with more financial resources.

3) What would you do if you saw someone making fun of another person?
The only time I ever see this is at work and these are the "superiors" of the person(s) being bothered. I stand up for them when I can and say something about the unfairness of it to them afterward if I can't. I long for a day when I make enough money, through writing and other activities, when I don't have to have a job to fall back on. I hate what people do to each other out in the Work World.

4) If you could go back to the Garden of Eden and talk to Adam and Eve for five minutes, what would you say?
I don't like Winter. I think that you caused Winter.Odd coincidence, I was thinking about Winter earlier today and if it was Adam and Eve's fault....if there would have been a Winter in the Garden of Eden. I am not sure what else I would say.

5) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.

The first thing I wondered was if the box was getting married. The box has chosen an unusual color scheme. Perhaps that man is officiating the marriage of the box and The Little Mermaid will soon come up the aisle at a dress rehearsal. The color scheme looks like something The Little Mermaid would use. :-)

3 comments:

Cat. said...

I'm giggling at the story for #5, but I agree with you 100% on your first answer. People can be absolutely horrible.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

It's surprising, too. I wonder how these people justify there behavior...do they feel bad afterward?

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I am glad that I could make you smile. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5