Sunday, November 23, 2008

Calendar

Licensed photo...DO NOT COPY.
Photo by Quentin Houyoux.
Title: Maya Calendar
Description: Artifact of Maya Calendar in a sunray

-----November 27: THANKSGIVING (U.S.)
-----December 5: OJ Simpson will be sentenced. I do not know if there will be any live coverage of this. I think that any longer sentence may essentially be a life sentence....based on his age. I wonder if either of his parents are alive....sad for them.
-----December 10: A military execution here in the U.S. It costs more to give someone a life sentence then it does to execute them. I do not believe in the death penalty except as a preventive measure. I think that there is sometimes the possibility that the person is innocent....though, from what I have read, that is not the case here. There is also the possibility that after so many years the person has reformed and even done extreme good in the world....I do not know whether this has occured this time. What do you think of the impending execution and the death penalty in general???
-----Sometime: There is to biographical film about Sam Kinison. It will air on HBO. This story is based off a book by Kinison's brother from what I understand. I need to check the book out at the library.

Anything exciting happening in your life or on your blog????

4 comments:

colleen said...

Yeah, I got an email from outer space. I'm not joking.

Thou Shall Not Kill.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you for the comment, Colleen. Did you mean that God said not to kill?

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Colleen-
By-the-way, your comment about not having seen me "in a cocoon's age" made me laugh.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Ah....I see now, Colleen. Going back to Michele's I found that you got a letter from an astronaut who is currently in Space. That is really neat.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5