Friday, September 12, 2008

Thrifty finds



I want to get new chains for both....one is too cheap (I will actually be allergic) and one is just too shiny and thick (the gold chain).

The chain I will have a reaction to will likely go back to the thrift shop....or to another that is more likely to accept it. The gold chain will be used for something that it looks better with. So....counting the gold chain....I ended up with three pieces for about $2.80.

Sometimes, I might wear the gold chain with the rose piece. I will likely also make different things to hang the glass bauble from....braided leather strips for a choker for instance.

Pretty jewelry, yes?

2 comments:

utenzi said...

Michele sent me to see you, Ms Butterfly. I really like the blue pendant. The gradations of color are fantastic. The rose is a little showy for me, but it's probably just 'cause I'm a guy.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

:-) Your comment made me smile.

I do like the graduations of color in the blue pendant....it is likely going to be made into a choker. I will, of course, post pictures of the finished necklace. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5