Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mary (Molly) Herencia



Why it would have been nice to know you:
-----People with a nickname like "Molly" are usually spunky. At least, I think of people with the name Molly as being spunky. Mary had an Irish wit....that makes her extra-spunky (absolutely delightful to be around).
-----Molly was the best sister-in law anyone could have. She was a wonderful mother to her kids and always had a warm smile on her face. She was such a bright star among people who know her. I will always remember you for the sweet, kind and generous person you were. Never had a bad word to say about anyone. You are an angel in my eyes. (Posted by Doris on the 9-11 Heroes site...a neat site that posts a flower each time someone visits....Molly had 757 flowers when I visited.)
Wouldn't we all like to have someone speak sincerely about us like that? If you know someone who deserves similar words....go and say them today.....in remembrance of Molly....it's important.
-----Mary was an insurance broker for Aon Corp.
-----Portrait of Molly as a mother. You have to admire a woman who can communicate just by coughing. A woman of great strength who wasn't a complainer...that is the impression I get.
-----A mother of twin boys.

Today I will be thinking about Mary Herencia...the person that I have decided to get to know this September 11th. I will be attempting to get to know her better via my online efforts. I feel like I know Michael Caproni, the man who I have written about for the last three years.

We are all the legacy of those who perished on 9/11. I want to be a great legacy....how about you?


______________________

Today I am visiting other posts in the 2,996 Voices Project. I learned about Michael Benjamin Packer...an example of the kind of parent that I admire. He reminds me of some of the good homeschooling parents. When his child wanted to learn about bulldozers, he arranged to have a bulldozer come to his house. Neat parent. I am sure that both of his children have plenty of memories to smile at. Each happy memory is like a continued hug.

7 comments:

writer chick said...

You have to love a spunky woman and what a smile. Thank you for joining in this tribute. I think that many prefer to forget at this point, but I don't and I can see that you don't either. Yes, we are their legacy. Awesome responsibility.
WC

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you for saying all of that. It's weird how you can develop a connection with someone by reading/seeing what they left behind. This is why I find genealogy important, too. We should endeavor not to forget each other.

I think Molly had a beautiful smile. She impressed me as one of those people who truly goes out and lives life....putting one's best effort and so much care into everything they do.

I hope that Molly's family are doing as well as can be expected today (and in life).

Teena in Toronto said...

Thanks for your tribute!

I posted one too.

Cathy said...

Thank you for introducing me to Molly- a very sweet and personal remembrance.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I will be coming to visit your tribute, Teena. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Cathy. I am just getting to know what Molly was like....but their are so many delightful things about her personality. Mary (Molly) Herrencia touched a lot of lives with memories that truly make one smile.

Anonymous said...

the Federal-State Unemployment Insurance Program provides unemployment benefits to eligible workers . http://insuranceinstates.com/texas/San%20Antonio/Rivas%20Insurance/78237/

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5