Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen...... :-)

1. Tortoise has a harrowing adventure when he is accidentally thrown in with yard waste.

2.
Animals with Eyepatches! Yes! - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever
I am thinking of getting this t-shirt. I have severe unrepairable eye problems and know that wearing a patch could make them worse....plus, I shouldn't have to be forced to do such when it will not help other than as a disguise. People discriminate against me all the time (sometimes even coming right out and saying RUDE things). Even when I am directly called some sort of name (things like "get your face fixed" "cross-eyed" and so on), it is considered an on-spoken taboo for me to mention that I know people act this way towards me. I actually have people scared of me and trembling when they have to hand me something....and if you know me in real life, you know that I am of highly educated (though some assume I am "retarded" mainly because of the eye), I conduct myself very capably and I am SUPER-polite/kind. I long for the day when I am not constantly punished and mistreated for the eye problem everywhere I work....things said that I cannot prove both indirectly and directly (by co-workers and customers alike). I am tired of being stared at everywhere I go....and people knowing that I am a "normal" person but choosing to mistreat me because it gives them some sort of power. Even family members do this. Yes, I think I will buy this shirt and wear it, too. Maybe I will frame one and put it in a jersey box. I have started collecting/making what I call "eye art." People shouldn't have to silently put up with things like this. The shirt would have double meaning for me....I feel like people look at me as less than human.

3. How to Cook Like Your Grandmother....a very interesting blog. :-)

4.

Blog Action Day 2008 Poverty from Blog Action Day on Vimeo.
I participated last year (and I will be participating this year). This year we will be discussing Poverty. I challenge everyone to not just talk during this activity...but to do. I hope that Blog Action Day continues on into other days for some of the participants. A blog can be used to talk with a LOT of people....someone can make a change.

5. StarTrekMovie.com...this is the official site for the upcoming movie. I liked watching the trailer in HD...and hope for more to look at soon. :-)

6. MythBusters Quiz Page....very interesting.

7. British Bank bans man's password...this is funny (but I would be as upset as the man). I could see the employee who placed the restriction's side, if employees were being forced to see profanities or something offensive all the time....but surely this man would have changed his password at some point (when he was a satisfied customer again). I wonder how much longer this man is going to want to remain a customer.
Thank you, to SpiderwebWoman for pointing this article out. :-)

8. The 25 dollars came back from my first Kiva adventure! I was able to join 20 other people who made small investments and helped a woman named Marina who needed money to assist in her shoe sales. I am so glad that Marina was able to pay back the loan and hope that it helped a lot. Right now I am helping on a longer loan....18 months...helping some Cambodian grocery store owners to offer boarding at their home.

I like that this widget changes every time funds are completely raised. :-)

9. Blogger arrested over leak of Guns N' Roses songs. I am looking forward to seeing what the long-awaited album is like....and hope that I don't come across any leaks.

10. I enjoyed looking at a Wordless Wednesday entry called "Our Barn Project." I would have loved to do something like that as a child. :-)

11. Detailed instructions on how to make musical chimes. Great project for children. Great project for our yard (and something quiet for the kitchen). :-)

12. Breeni Books is giving away:
-----A copy of "Original Innocence" by Dr. Mark T. Holmes
-----A copy of "Hurry Down Sunshine" by Michael Greenberg

13. JobVent...amazing site. It is good to get the true picture of a company before one works in a nightmare.
__________________________

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners
is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in
others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen
with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who
participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



LINKS TO OTHER THURSDAY 13's!

1. Jennifer
2. Grandmother Wren
(Leave a comment & I will link to you here.)




Non-Thirteeners are welcome to comment. :-)

Technorati tag:

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I enjoyed your list and wanted to mention that it really hurts my heart to think about people treating you so poorly due to an eye problem. It makes me angry to think about it. There was only one time in my life I had a black eye when I accidentally bumped the head of a friend of mine and it blew up like a plum. Even strangers on the street were asking me what happened, if I got punched in the face, if I tried to kiss someone and got hit, etc. I was so self conscious and so ANGRY that people would be so nosey and rude over something so simple! I can't even imagine how you must feel. I give you big credit for having such a great attitude. I am sure you're a beautiful person. People need to worry about what's going on in their own backyards.

Grandmother Wren said...

Well don't I just love this blog???
Thank you so much for including me in your TT - without that link I might not have found my way here.
I'll definitely be back.
I tried to subscribe to your feed, but I'm getting error messages from Yahoo - it's me, not your feed - so I'll try again later.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Jennifer. It makes feel better that their are people who care. Most days I feel like I am running the gauntlet. When I own my own business, I have decided that there will be very little tolerance for this type of behavior. It is ridiculous to base treatment of someone on something that is beyond their control. Hugs to you.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Grandmother Wren-
Thanks for visiting. I enjoy blogging a lot....so, my blog just kind of grows with me. :-)

I like your blog....and will be back.

:-)

qian said...

thanks for your sharing! great helpful!!!Thank you
Louboutin Shoes 
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Christian Louboutin Pumps 
louboutin
Christian Louboutin Boots 
Christian Louboutin Pumps
Christian Louboutin Heels 
Christian Louboutin Sandal
Pigalle Christian Louboutin 
fur boots
christian louboutin fur boots
louboutin pumps
louboutin fur boots
coyote fur boots
christian louboutin heels
silver strappy sandals
christian louboutin toundra
loubitan studded bow peep
Wedding Dress Shops
vintage wedding dresses 
wedding dresses
cheap mobile phone
Wedding Dress Shops
Wedding Dresses 2011
Wedding Dress Shops
Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses
bridal jackets
wedding jackets
bridal jackets
halter neck wedding dresses
off the shoulder wedding dresses
vintage wedding dresses
wedding dresses with sleeves
wedding jackets for the bride

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5