Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Husband named this for me..."Rose-In-Law"...it is one of mother-in-law's roses.

1. People who desert the army and flee to Canada are now being deported back to the U.S.-where they are placed in detention. Do you approve or disapprove of this?

2. RecoveredRecipes.com. I must thank "Sweetsfoods" for finding this and putting it on Stumble Upon. Imagine how many family/traditional recipes are just lost.

3. A blogger's account of her visit to a crocodile farm

4. Brown sugar frosting. I think that I have some powdered sugar in the pantry. I should try this. Recipe found on the Recovered Recipes blog (which I mentioned as my Number 2 item on this list). :-)

5.

Marina, the person whose small business I have invested in, is 83% paid back. :-) Kiva works by having a lot of people lend little amounts so that a person with need can get the funds and make a better life. I wish that we had a similar service here in the United States...or that people from the United States were listed on Kiva.

6. I am so close to having offset a pound of carbon via my blog. Making my website's environmental footprint a little smaller. :-) This is not the only carbon offset activity that I have done with this blog. :-)



7. Doggie learned to "shake" this Thursday....and on only the fifth try! :-) How do you teach a dog to "beg"???....Doggie gets confused on "beg." Doggie is amazing....can do back flips (not on command) among other things.

8. I have a Neopet called "TheBluestJubJub." My JubJub always wears blue argyle socks. :-) The BluestJubJub likes to play Dice-A-Roo and is currently on a quest for one of the Fairies (having no luck). Eventually, I am going to do a "101 Things" post about TheBluestJubJub. :-)
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=thebluestbutterfly
Do you play Neopets?


9.
The soap that I ordered from Soap Sushi arrived today. Here it is sitting on my kitchen table! :-) It was really exciting to get and so carefully packaged. I got the Cocktail Bar Set...Whiskey Sour,Margarita and Sangria. There were also little soap favors in the package...which I will photograph at some other point. :-) Doggie liked the Pina Colada soap favor scent so much that I am having to take extra special care for it not to become a doggie treat. :-) SoapSushi.com...they even have a blog. :-) Here is the code/details for their August Sale....25% off!

10. Breeni Books is having a giveaway. Two Christian Childrens' books.




11. On Friday there will be a press conference...Big Foot has been found???

12. "How Much Time Would Bin Laden's Doctor Serve?"

13. I didn't know that the American Red Cross has Dog First Aid classes. If I can find one, I will definitely go....and blog about it. I will also definitely blog about Doggie First Aid at some point. :-)

_______________________

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners
is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in
others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen
with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who
participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



LINKS TO OTHER THURSDAY 13's!

1. NurseExec
(Leave a comment & I will link to you here.)




Non-Thirteeners are welcome to comment. :-)

Technorati tag:

5 comments:

NurseExec said...

I really enjoyed your 13--very eclectic and thought provoking. Drop by and see me :)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I love being told that something I do is eclectic...my favorite style of anything. I like when people try to be themselves. I think when a person truly explores their interests, you almost always come up with something eclectic.

I will come and see you. :-)

Alice Audrey said...

Recovered Recipes is great! Thanks for the link.

My TT is at http://aliceaudrey.wordpress.com

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Alice-
I am glad that you liked the Recovered Recipes site. I think it is important to preserve personal and global heritage. :-)

qian said...

thanks for your sharing! great helpful!!!Thank you
Louboutin Shoes 
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Christian Louboutin Pumps 
louboutin
Christian Louboutin Boots 
Christian Louboutin Pumps
Christian Louboutin Heels 
Christian Louboutin Sandal
Pigalle Christian Louboutin 
fur boots
christian louboutin fur boots
louboutin pumps
louboutin fur boots
coyote fur boots
christian louboutin heels
silver strappy sandals
christian louboutin toundra
loubitan studded bow peep
Wedding Dress Shops
vintage wedding dresses 
wedding dresses
cheap mobile phone
Wedding Dress Shops
Wedding Dresses 2011
Wedding Dress Shops
Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses
bridal jackets
wedding jackets
bridal jackets
halter neck wedding dresses
off the shoulder wedding dresses
vintage wedding dresses
wedding dresses with sleeves
wedding jackets for the bride

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5