Sunday, June 01, 2008

Meme

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Going to school....I am a passionate student, obviously. I have studied many facets of Business. I am passionately interested in having a coffee shop in the future.....I want to treat both customers AND employees well. In the past 10 years, I have seen so many examples of bad workplaces (both personally and by word-of-mouth).


2. What are 5 things on your "To Do" list?
-Redecorate my kitchen. I want to take glass bottles with corks and put all my spices in them....dyeing the labels to make them look old. I need more candles for the candelabra in the kitchen. Husband has said that he will make me a pole for my pots....my idea to compensate for the fact that I don't think the ceilings will take the weight. Many other ideas perculating for the kitchen redo....and I may post pictures.
-Weeding....the never ending task. Take pictures of any blooming flowers.
-Buy a dart board. Establish clear safety parameters for its use.
-Decorate my clothespins....yes, I am weird (but my weirdnesses make me happy).
-Continue my efforts to document my income and expenses.....to the day and the penny. I think this will help me make better use of my resources.

3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy? (In no specific order)
------Bagel and Cream Cheese....especially onion bagels. I tried making cream cheese myself....that did not go well.
-----Chips and salsa/bacon and cheese dip
-----Huckleberry Jam on toast
-----President Wee Brie on Triscuits (at room temperature only)
-----Black Cherry Kool-Aid (I consider this a snack-one that I can drink a lot of).

4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.
Pay off student loans (a LOT),redo kitchen ceiling....guess that means new roof....just so I can have nice pot racks,put a sky light in....big to see birds,HELP PEOPLE (especially family).

5. Name some places where you've lived.
I consider this private. I will say though that I have always had at least one crazy neighbor. Does anyone live in a neighborhood without a bothersome neighbor....standard equipment for EVERY neighborhood?

6. Name some bad habits you have.
Staying up late because I drank caffeine too late.
Staying up late doing genealogy.
Staying up late reading Piers Anthony.
Staying up late Blogging.

7. Name some jobs you've had.
various Customer Service positions,volunteering for charity/educational events,Assistant (filing,etc.)

8. Name those whom you are tagging.
Anyone. :-)

I got this meme from Tammy (at "The Daily Warrior"). Tammy got the meme from "Giggles."
:-)

6 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think I did one similar to this a while ago.

Establishing safety parametrs for a dartboard should be interesting!

Michele sent me.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Well....unless I really don't like a person, I wouldn't want them to be an accidental target. :-)

Carmi said...

I like your to do list - it reflects your very strong desire to improve the world around you. Cool.

I had to laugh when I read your comment on neighbors. You're absolutely right: urban/suburban existence almost seems to dictate the presence of at least one nutbar too close to home.

Which explains why I want our next house to be out in the country. Not too far, of course: it should be just a few kilometers from the edge of town, close enough to drive or cycle in for all the requisite services. But far enough away from the idiots who make life miserable for the rest of us.

Tammy said...

I've enjoyed reading about you! I've been lucky with neighbors but they mostly all keep to themselves.

Chips & salsa are a staple here. ;)

Your vigils are very moving.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you, Carmi. You made me feel like I am doing something worthwhile.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Tammy,
I hope that all is going well with you (and that you are feeling as well as can be).

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5