Sunday, June 01, 2008

In My Life.....

-----Sad about the Universal Studios BackLot fire. I am hoping that the King Kong ride is rebuilt and really would have enjoyed seeing the Clock Tower from Back to the Future (the clock tower is damaged). I know that we would have included this stop in our future trip to Disneyland. I was/am also planning on attending film school there some day (expensive). I hope that those injured get well soon.
-----Weeding. Yug.....battling Creeping Charlie. Any Creeping Charlie that I eliminate gets put out to dry in the sun (and gets stomped into little shreds). After the Creeping Charlie has dried up, I take it to the compost area. The little purple flowers are pretty but deceptive....it will KILL your lawn and take over your planting areas. If you don't dry out the Creeping Charlie or kill it completely, and it gets on the ground again, it will just reroot!
"Controlling Creeping Charlie"
-----We had steak and carmelized onions last night.....with Emeril's Steak Rub. I highly recommend Emeril's Steak Rub. Among other things, Emeril's Steak Rub contains garlic, 3 different kinds of pepper, and coriander (cilantro). The coriander's taste was not really obvious..I could give this to anti-cilantro people without protest if I didn't tell them first what was in it. A wonderful dinner.
-----Saw a commercial during the LPGA coverage about Jewel's new reality show. Jewel is going to make someone into a Nashville star.
-----I enjoyed the LPGA coverage better than mens' golf. There is more of a focus on learning about the life of the people playing. Much more interesting.
-----Yesterday Ken Griffey, Jr. made his 599th home run...one away from the Elite Mark (like Babe Ruth,Sammy Sosa,Hank Aaron). I am wondering why no one ever talks about homeruns in Womens' Baseball. How many home runs do women hit?

2 comments:

Gordon said...

Hi Michelle sent me.
Yeah I saw that on the news and was like this is totally surreal, I hope they rebuild all the damage and at least the film archive survived even if some film was smoked slightly.
Creeping Charlie sounds like something out a war movie, watch out for creeping charlie it can get anywhere very quietly.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I saw that the film archive damaged items can be "replaced"....they have digital copies. I hope that rebuilding is done on the lots...but it won't be the same.

Creeping Charlie is annoying. It comes back quickly.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5