Thursday, May 01, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1. Bathroom Mushrooms:
What an adventure. Yesterday morning I was cleaning in the bathroom and thought I saw a chicken bone on the floor....I was ANGRY at this rather odd behavior and certainly going to find out who was eating in the bathroom. Despite the fact that I had to be to work, I followed the compulsion to get back there and get it (right under where the toilet is still imperceptibly leaking....no matter how many solutions we have tried). What I found was surprising. I have been cleaning odd stains on the floor for about a year now as has husband....each thinking it was normal grime or some sort of non-toxic mold. NO....I researched my find on the Internet....our leak is causing full-grown mushrooms to grow up from under the floor tiles. Hopefully, there is not too much damage under the floor. The plan is to dry out the tiles and caulk...if the damage isn't bad. We will just have to keep trying to find the leak and find some way of gathering up the water. I am a little worried as I did not have a face mask or bandana on when I angrily swept with a towel (or all the times I have done it before)....mushroom spores in the lungs are DANGEROUS. It is funny to see a mushroom growing in your bathroom though.

2. I am still worried about Patrick Swayze. Some reports say that his condition has gotten worse and, as always, there is all sorts of speculation as to what his actions mean (writing a living will, etc. ).

3. I finally got my espresso/cappucino machine to start learning techniques (for my someday-coffee shop). Husband found it for 12 dollars at a Salvation Army thrift shop. Haven't tried it yet....hopefully it works well (seems like it will). This is such good news to me!!!

4. Another Salvation Army find that I hope works...a karaoke microphone to feed my being-a-better-singer obsession. Fun!!! Hoping it works, too.

5. Sitting in the dark with a slight headache....listening to "Lights Out" by Lisa Marie Presley. Earlier today I was reading in my past blog posts about how I used to put banana peels on my forehead, back of neck and so on to ease headaches....this looked funny and made Husband laugh. :-)

6. Have you looked up at the stars lately?

7. The files for my copy of Moby Dick apparently became corrupted. I am not done reading it yet. Annoyed.

8. Listened to Dire Straits "Why Worry" this morning (Friday,May2). Such a pretty song. I tend to be either a severe worry wart or unduly optimistic.

9. Sometimes I wonder how Jan-Michael Vincent is doing.

10. Women in Military Service for America Memorial Foundation

11. AeroGrow AeroGarden...a thorough review.

12.
Get your own free Blogoversary button!

13.
-----Parents beware: Measles are at the highest levels in the U.S. since 2001.
-----True Mom Confessions
_________________________________

:-)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners
is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in
others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen
with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who
participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



LINKS TO OTHER THURSDAY 13's!

1. (Leave a comment & I will link to you here.)




Non-Thirteeners are welcome to comment. :-)

Technorati tag:

4 comments:

OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I just heard about the Measals Epidemic...Surprising, in thgis day and age, in a way. I saw someone on one of the morning shows talking about ALL these Vaccines that one should have...It was about 15 different shots!!

This was a varied and interesting TT...! And Michele thinks so too!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I don't have all my vaccinations...it worries me. The cost of all those vaccinations also overwhelms me to think about.

Sleepypete said...

Why Worry is definitely one of the best tracks on Brothers in Arms :-)

Stars - I live on the outskirts of a city at the moment, so star-watching isn't as good as it is in the country. Plus, this is England, which means clouds and rain ;-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I don't always remember to look up at the stars. During the summer we get thousands of fireflies in the backyard....that with the stars is just amazing looking. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5