Sunday, March 30, 2008

Springleap

"Springleap" is a new T-shirt company based out of South Africa. One of the main things that I like about Springleap is that everything will be done in South Africa....the cloth, the printing, etc. I wish that more companies would help their country in this way (I live in the United States...where we outsource WAY TOO MUCH).

Springleap is a lot like "Threadless"....an online community that creates,discusses and votes on T-Shirt designs. On the Springleap site, the community votes on the best 21 designs each month....that is ambitious (and a lot of work for the printers).

"Springleap accepts entries in Adobe Photoshop®, Adobe Illustrator®, or Macromedia Freehand ® and Adobe/Macromedia Flash®." This doesn't mean that you have to be an expert graphic artist....just know the basics of these programs or know someone who does. Some of the best T-shirts that I have seen are simply clever abstract ideas...so newbies shouldn't be intimidated.

T-shirt designers can win cash,T-shirts and exposure.

I am not sure what the cost of buying T-shirts will be...but I would assume (and hope) that they will be pretty reasonable.

I am excited about this company. Each month they will print positive sayings in the back of the t-shirts....and that is how the company strikes me-a POSITIVE thing. :-)

6 comments:

gusgreeper said...

i have three t-shirts off threadless coming for adam, myself and a friend in England im going to send one tooooo :) a long time reader sent me a link to a sock monkey shirt that also held resemblance to my good old friend trogdor so i HAD TO HAVE IT! and i ordered one for my husband too.

im going to check out this new one too i like that it is South African

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I like collecting T-shirts. I seem to be collecting (and blogging) more lately. :-)

I don't find any often....but I used to love looking for free T-shirts on the Internet.

It's funny how the T-shirts we wear come to have so much sentimentality.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Oh....still Exercising for Comments. Gusgreeper's comment caused me to exercise my cantankerously stiff right ankle for one minute...there was a lot of creaking.

Anyway....I am excited to see what Springleap looks like as more of the online community aspect starts coming into place. :-)

eran said...

Definitely going to get exciting : from tomorrow voting starts on springleap and that means the approved designs for last month are going to be displayed :):):)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I am excited to see what people have come up with. Something to smile about. :-)

Abbey said...

Thanks for the links..Abs

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5