Sunday, March 02, 2008

Jeff Healey

RIP Jeff Healey...has lost battle with cancer. He had faced several battles with cancer in his lifetime. :-(

I had hoped to see him perform sometime during my lifetime as I found his talent to be unique (not a copycat like so many musicians).

-Jeff's first name was actually Norman. Norman Healey....still sounds like a good name for a musician. :-)
-The reason why Jeff was blind was retinal cancer as a child. Obviously, learning to play the guitar on one's knees creates a different sound...like I said he was unique. Maybe after I learn to play the guitar in the more traditional way, I will experiment with playing in Healey's style...I like doing little things like that in memorial of people.
-I am looking forward to his new album "Mess of Blues." As far as I know this album is still coming out and I will be buying it.

1 comment:

Carmi said...

I am immensely saddened by his passing. What a tragedy for our country - and for his family.

Why is it that the best of us seem to be taken so young?

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5