Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Easter items you have to take away..... :-(
A list of EASTER RECALLS

-----Cadbury Mini-Eggs.... could be LIFE-THREATENING IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO HAZELNUTS OR HAZELNUT PROTEIN
-----Hobby Lobby Camoflauge Eggs and Spinning Egg Tops...voluntary, nationwide recall due to lead. This will give the people that I have heard complaining about how the war theme doesn't really go with Easter eggs more ammunition.
-----Apparently many Easter items have a lead risk.
-----"Mega Brands is recalling 1.1 million Magtastik and Magnetix Jr. preschool toys"...."The recall also includes about 1.3 million MagnaMan magnetic action figures." The toys have small magnets and were sold from 2005-2007. Given that stores sometimes hold unto toys until they come out of the warehouse or are sold, I would check out anything bought more recently,too.

Do you know of anything that should be added to this list??? I am tired of hearing of the death/illness of children after every holiday that involves toys or candy.

2 comments:

Bob-kat said...

Wow, that is quite a list. You would have thought that with the tight quality standards required these days that so many things wouldn't need to be taken back. But then again it's perhaps becasue of these checks that things are discovered and then recalled!

Michele sent me over to wish you a Happy Easter.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Happy Easter to you.

I hope that the list doesn't get longer. I will keep it up a little after Easter. I think that a lot of times people never find out when an item has been recalled...and would be highly upset if they found out their child had been harmed/was in danger for a long time. :-(

Yes, I think that there are more checks now. There are hardly any recalls that I remember from my childhood....and certainly not toys.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5