Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1. Ever have a cold to the point of losing your voice and feel an insane urge to whistle. That happened to me today (Wed.) for some reason. I guess you can whistle despite having no voice. Odd things you never think about...until you experience them. :-)

2. The man who might be JFK's son has decided not to talk to the media for a while. I don't blame him. I do hope that situation gets figured out...family is family and a person should know. I am not fond of some of the Kennedys but I wish them and Jack Worthington's family virtual hugs right now.
-----Photo of Jack Worthington

3. A pretty comprehensive set of HTML lessons. Also includes some JavaScript. I am going to work through all of these. I like adding to my HTML knowledge....I hate all the convoluted explanations and outdated code that some sites offer. I think this site is excellent for someone wanting a crash course. :-)

4. Celebrity Apprentice is on tonight (Thursday). I have been following and I am cheering for Omarosa to be fired. It is just the sometimes irrational stances and (sometimes) needless hostility. Anyway...this show has been interesting because there have been a lot of surprises.

5. I was looking at old "Burning Man" festival photos. I never realized that people walk around naked there.

6. Stocks and Brown Sauce 101

7.
-----Cheddar-Spinach Meatloaf. This is a rolled meatloaf.
-----Cranberry Meatloaf
-----Crock Pot Lemon Chicken


8. New products/marketing:
-----The "Welch's Strip"...a new advertising method. I find this idea distasteful.
-----Playboy is now producing an energy drink. The rest of the article is a joke.


9. Interview with a man in Japan who makes umbrellas by hand

10. I was hunting around on Free Sample Forager and sent for the Wisconsin Wine,Beer and Cheese Map. I find a lot of neat things on Free Sample Forager. :-)

11. How to store coffee

12. Zwaggle...a network where parents share gently-used childrens' items.

13.

__________________________________

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners
is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in
others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen
with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who
participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



LINKS TO OTHER THURSDAY 13's!

1. Sleepy Pete
2. Joystory
3. Colleen
(Leave a comment & I will link to you here.)




Non-Thirteeners are welcome to comment. :-)

Technorati tag:

9 comments:

Sleepypete said...

Looking forward to the finished article :-)

Had fun doing my Thursday Thirteen today. Compiling it took less time than listening to the results ;-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Mine always takes me a while...just cause my schedule is often weird.

Thirteen is always fun. I saw yours already....if it is the one about music. I was impressed because your taste is unique.

Joy Renee said...

thanx for the link to HTML lessons

and thanx for visiting my TT

Sleepypete said...

Yey :-) I have the Thursday Thirteen code again :-) Thanks TBB :-)

colleen said...

Pacman really brings back memories. Hey, what happened to the 13 Thursday Hub? It seems to have vanished.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I noticed that too. I tried getting into individual pages through the cache and searching but that did not work. It is totally gone. Let us hope that our Thursday Thirteen Hub comes back. :-)

Bloggers said...

Great post. I love pacman. My 13 is up on Working at Home Mom

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thanks for visiting, "Bloggers." I will be visiting you in a while. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Working at Home-
I couldn't find your Thirteen. :-(

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5