Friday, February 29, 2008

Admin. Note

Twitter has been down a lot this evening. The Voxant Newsroom is down for maintenance and/or capacity problems. My carbon offset widget is causing some sort of problem. I am working as quickly as I can to temporarily remove and/or put the offensive issues into draft status. My blog will look a little leaner until this is fixed. I have my angry face on now.

Update: Blog loading properly now. The major problem was Twitter's widget. As much as I love Twitter, the widget WILL NOT be on my blog again until the service is more stable. My blog was literally unloadable for about 4 hours this evening....unless, you consider three minutes an acceptable load time.

If I hadn't had a reader point this out (and insomnia)....I would have been REALLY upset next time I checked in.

3 comments:

Sleepypete said...

[grin] - I'd spotted one or two comments about loading times on Michele's blog but hadn't really noticed too much due to a Firefox and Flashblock combination ...

It lets me load Flash modules on command, instead of them all downloading when the page opens.

I have a similar issue sometimes with Rpc.Blogrolling, it'll take a while to load. I think it's not too big an issue on mine because the various bits on the right hand side are later in the blog template than the main content parts. Hopefully that won't break when I eventually upgrade the template like Blogger wants me to :-)

You'll fix it and we'll get more fun widgets to peek at.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

My next project is to move my blogroll onto blogger. It will take a long time because I want to back it up as I go. Blogrolling likes to give me problems, too.

I find fun things...but I always seem to get them during their growing stages.....Grumble.

Sleepypete said...

Lol - like the novelty of a new toy :-)

It's nice and shiny when it comes out of the box, does what you bought it to do but then you start finding out about the drawbacks ...

Spent around half of the drive back yesterday having my iPod music interrupted by those BipBipBipBop sounds that mobile phones put over speakers ...

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5