Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1. "The Song We Never Wrote" by Narciso Lobo (the gentleman in this video). A sad song about a relationship ended. Beautiful.


2. Christian Atheism???

3. Guy Kawasaki spent part of his Christmas Vacation on a WWII submarine. This was a great post...a very interesting read with many photos.

4.



5.
-----Pumpkin Orange Poppyseed Cake. Seems easy. I have never tasted pumpkin and orange together.
------Southern Comfort Cake

6. The alphabet rendered with folds of skin. Looks like it might be a little painful.

7. Mod Mom is having a whole foods gift basket giveaway. Good luck, if you enter.

8.
-----Pistachio Dream Cake
-----Matcha (Green Tea) Pound Cake


9. Clementine Cake. I love Clementines but can't seem to get consistently good fruit. I would hate to make this cake and have one that didn't taste right in it. I will either have to find some better Clementines or taste one piece out of each orange.

10. My fave gymnastics photo.Neat.

11.
Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

12. There are likely to be future garbage crises in Naples.


13. Why one man saved his trash... in his living room for an entire year
____________________________________

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners
is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in
others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen
with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who
participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



LINKS TO OTHER THURSDAY 13's!

1. JOAN....had some awesome coverage of her Mexican cruise. I especially loved a sculpture at the Hyatt in Acapulco called "Generations." The Generations photo was turned in the following bit of tomfoolery by me:

"Supernatural Zombies Break Out of Acapulco Prison"

2. The Pink Flamingo..."13 Things You Might Not Know About Wyatt Earp." I am impressed....SJ Reidhead is an EXPERT on Wyatt Earp.

3. Monday through Sunday...lists some of the best coffee places in Europe.

(Leave a comment & I will link to you here.)




Non-Thirteeners are welcome to comment. Thank you, to Tien,for visiting. :-)

Technorati tag:

7 comments:

Tien said...

you seem to have an interesting list there. can't wait to read the rest of them.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you. I put them up a little at a time to gather interest and not have a long period of time with no content. This also helps me be more motivated to get my Thirteen's done...knowing where I am and how far I have to go on the list. I enjoy doing this a lot. :-)

Joan said...

You put some intriguing links here! My TT is composed of travel pics this week. Happy Thursday.

SJ Reidhead said...

AN interesting list.

SJR
The Pink flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

MondaythroughSunday said...

Like your list..very interesting!

Nicholas said...

I love that cartoon. Hate carrots!

I suppose it's perfectly possible to be a Christian atheist -- you observe Christian tenets of behaviour, without all the superstition.

Zenmomma said...

Love the song! And the links are all so cool. What a fun and eclectic list.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5