Saturday, December 08, 2007

Still adding to my "101 in 1001" list

Tuesday, September 28, 2010...I hope to have 101 tasks done. That is 1001 days from January 1st. This is a part of the "101 Things to Do in 1001 Days Project." I am excited....I will know what I want to do with my life for a little over 2 1/2 years. It seems like I am coming up with about two things for this list each day...I need to get inspired at a faster pace than that.

My list so far:

1. Learn to play at least one song on my acoustic and electric guitars (the same song on each guitar is fine). This will involve taking the guitars in for some long-needed repairs first. I want to decide which song to learn before I start trying to meet the goals (January 1).
2. Visit both the American and Canadian sides of Niagara Falls. I am much more excited about the Canada side....it is said to be much more beautiful. Take a lot of photos. Learn a lot of the history of the site beforehand. Read a fictional book that I have called "Niagara Falls All Over Again."
3. Find a place that will allow me to take a romantic sleigh ride with Husband.
4. Read "The Joy of Cooking." Try 100 of the regular recipes. Try all the recipes in the Brunch,Lunch and Supper Dishes section (the more readymade recipes). I am excited...this book is a classic and I managed to find it for a few dollars at a thrift store.
5. Go horseback riding at least three times.
6. Keep track of the years...so I can write a nice Christmas letter.
7. Keep morning pages as detailed in the book "The Artist's Way." I am certain that I will come up with numerous new goals as a result of doing these pages. I sure am committing myself to a lot of reading and writing during my "101 in 1001." :-)
8. Read all of the Canterbury Tales. I collect different versions of Chaucer...so, this actually means something to me.
9. Purchase a good telescope that I can take photos of the night sky with.

6 comments:

Jodi Cleghorn said...

Evening ... Michele says hello.

'101 things in 1001 days sounds like an awesome idea and perhaps just the style of blueprint my life is looking for at the moment. I've just given up a whole heap of stuff that defined who I was, where I was going and what I was passionate about in life ... so now its time to redefine, realign and reignite my life again. Thanks for this wonderful tip!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Jodi-
Glad to be of help. It is going to be a fun activity....I have had a few people say they are going to check it out. It will be nice to have support from people who are doing the same thing. Good luck if you decide to participate. I am glad you are figuring out who You are. :-)

Thank you so much for visiting.

ThomasLB said...

I read The Artist's Way just recently. Did you know she has a website?

http://www.theartistsway.com/

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I had seen the website at some point...and I am investigating it more now, thank you. I have read "The Artist's Way" and "The Artist's Way at Work."

No Rain said...

An interesting idea...I think I would have to limit my list, though! When I was younger, I loved setting goals and working toward them--I challenged myself to complete every one. At this stage of life, I've learned that I can't always do that.
Good luck on accomplishing your goals. Completing them will enrich your life.
Aiyana

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I am trying to get back into motivating myself for goals. This will be a real challenge to me. While they may seem frivolous, I truly value such things as recipes,horseback riding,travel and romance. I hope that I feel that life has been more of an adventure than usual for those 1001 days.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5