Sunday, December 09, 2007

More work on getting ready for "101 in 1001"

Tuesday, September 28, 2010...I hope to have 101 tasks done. That is 1001 days from January 1st. This is a part of the "101 Things to Do in 1001 Days Project." I am excited....I will know what I want to do with my life for a little over 2 1/2 years.

Thank you to everyone who has left supportive comments for me. I really appreciate that.

My list so far:

1. Learn to play at least one song on my acoustic and electric guitars (the same song on each guitar is fine). This will involve taking the guitars in for some long-needed repairs first. I want to decide which song to learn before I start trying to meet the goals (January 1).
2. Visit both the American and Canadian sides of Niagara Falls. I am much more excited about the Canada side....it is said to be much more beautiful. Take a lot of photos. Learn a lot of the history of the site beforehand. Read a fictional book that I have called "Niagara Falls All Over Again."
3. Find a place that will allow me to take a romantic sleigh ride with Husband.
4. Read "The Joy of Cooking." Try 100 of the regular recipes. Try all the recipes in the Brunch,Lunch and Supper Dishes section (the more readymade recipes). I am excited...this book is a classic and I managed to find it for a few dollars at a thrift store.
5. Go horseback riding at least three times.
6. Keep track of the years...so I can write a nice Christmas letter.
7. Keep morning pages as detailed in the book "The Artist's Way." I am certain that I will come up with numerous new goals as a result of doing these pages. I sure am committing myself to a lot of reading and writing during my "101 in 1001." :-)
8. Read all of the Canterbury Tales. I collect different versions of Chaucer...so, this actually means something to me.
9. Purchase a good telescope that I can take photos of the night sky with.
10. Win NaNoWriMo...I have failed miserably every time I have participated. At least I have gotten a lot of good ideas.
11. Post every day...if I cannot get online for some reason still work on a post. This is a part of Blog 365 on Ning. I will be making at least one entry that is numbered each day. I hope that this becomes an annual activity.
12. Either open the coffee shop or be completely ready to.
13. Go on a hot air balloon ride.

2 comments:

storyteller said...

Hi - Interesting list so far. Some seem "doable" ... others would make me curl up in a little ball and weep uncontrollably ... but different strokes for different folks. I wish you success and joy on your journey.
Hugs and blessings,

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you. I know I will have joy and hope for success. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5