Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

1.

My current favorite among Husband's newer fairy prints. This one is a linoleum-cut print. A good friend said that Husband should do more fairies....I agree. Husband displays a lot of his work at Archaicsculpture.com
I am very proud of Husband.
(It's tedious to say this all the time...but Husband owns the copyright to both this photo and the work.)

2. USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS. I have seen so MANY near accidents because people only choose to use their turn signals when they might personally be in danger. I don't care if you THINK people know where you are going.

3. Smile. What made you smile today? Husband made me a cappucino and I got one of my Christmas presents from him. I now have a mailbox to use for giveaways here on my blog.....that is exciting!!!

4.

Do you think he should go back to jail and for how long?
Nicholas' comments made me think:
"Saying that buying a $1 lottery ticket is gambling is technically true but to deprive that man of his winnings would be an act of purely vindictive spite. What better chance will he ever have to change his life around than this? Further evidence that the justice system is based on cruelty and revenge."

5. I like this post about people helping out after a house fire.

6. Diana saw Dodi dying. :-(

7. "A US judge has been removed from the bench for jailing 46 people after none would admit to having a mobile phone that began ringing during his court session."

8. Brain wiring link to pedophilia???

9. Recipe: Blender Coffee Chiller

10.


11.
A photo of my Christmas Cactus last year.

12. I just uninstalled Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 1....too many compatibility issues with add-ons and one page I need had severe loading problems. I will be trying/writing about it more.

13. "The Optimist"


An adaptation of George Saunders' short story "Ask the Optimist," available in his newest collection, "The Braindead Megaphone." Produced ... all » by The Sound of Young America and Hoggworks.
Featuring: Andy Daly (The Office, Mad TV), Dan Klein (Kasper Hauser), John Hodgman (The Daily Show), Xeni Jardin (Boing Boing), Jonathan Katz, Jen Kirkman, Maria Bamford, James Adomian and Jonathan Coulton.

This definitely falls in the category of dark humor/parental-guidance-needed. I enjoyed the politician's call. I found the woman from a poor war-torn country to be a sad satire on how society is.
_______________________________

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners
is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in
others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen
with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who
participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



LINKS TO OTHER THURSDAY 13's!

1. Deb
2. Colleen
3. Nicholas
(Leave a comment & I will link to you here.)




Technorati tag:

7 comments:

Deb said...

Darn it.... where is it. LOL

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

You made me laugh.

By way of explanation to those who come after...I put my Thirteen up as I am working on it and Deb caught just the numbering. :-)

colleen said...

Well that was a fun ride! I kept wanting to see the Optimist's face but then the guy hammered him!

colleen said...

Oh, I forgot to say that I love the fairy block print. Watching the videos made me forget. It's great and I know they are hard to do, at least for me.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Husband tells me that it is very hard to do figures with linoleum print.

Nicholas said...

Saying that buying a $1 lottery ticket is gambling is technically true but to deprive that man of his winnings would be an act of purely vindictive spite. What better chance will he ever have to change his life around than this? Further evidence that the justice system id based on cruelty and revenge.

Christina said...

Thanks for stopping by. *smile* I love the fairy print as well. Very nice work.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5