Friday, November 09, 2007

Highlights of the flu

I am on Day 3 or resting with the flu. Just as I think it is going to get better...it doesn't. Earlier this morning I was thinking how little coughing I have had...now I am on cough suppressant.

I am capable of:
Walking from one room to another...but walking down any stairs is too exhausting
Sitting in chairs...but not looking for a lost library book
Sleeping...until I get woken up by not being able to breath (and once husband talking to me in his sleep)

Things that have happened:
Dropping things----mainly dropping things---the ones I am listing are only the significant events
  • A piece of blanket fuzz had separated and was going into my tea....my hands were shaky so, when I tried to remove it, I got tea on white thermal nightwear and a slight,slight burn that did not last for long. Surprisingly, the tea did not stain but it was a scary thing to witness.
  • I spilled chicken soup on the floor...then panicked that I was doing so...and spilled more chicken soup on the floor. At least it was the kitchen floor.
  • I was eating some miniature donuts and thinking how few donuts there were in the package. When I went back to the kitchen, I found that I had dropped one of the donuts and not even noticed it falling...that is why there were so few donuts.
And I am thankful for my husband:
Fetcher of Tylenol
The sweet man who found extra blankets and made the bed without being asked
Chicken Soup Chef
He who makes excellent tea

I hope I am well soon.

2 comments:

ThomasLB said...

I think the best thing for flu is green tea with honey.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Green Tea with Honey is what I have been sipping. Thank you for the Get Well wishes.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5