Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

1. I am cheering for the new Star Wars TV series to actually make it to TV. I would assume George Lucas will find a network that is interested.

2.
-----Apparently Stephen Colbert is running for President???? I would think this is a satirical run.
-----Vote for sale on Ebay

3. Al Gore is not running for President. Would you vote for him if he were actually running? Many people already voted for him the last time.



4. NobelPrize.org

5. Food/Recipes:
Zucchini Garlic Soup...it is a pretty green color.
Bratwurst with Creamy Apple Compote
-----Did you know that Tiger Woods is going to have his own Gatorade flavors?

6. This is a neat idea...decorating with dried flowers around a framed print. I like this but would choose a darker colored dried natural.

7. Right now Husband and I are re-watching "Star Trek:Nemesis." :-)

8. Tips for improving your handwriting

9.


10.

John Lennon by ~jerbear1088 on deviantART
5-6 thousand Skittles (orange,red,purple and yellow)

11.

Catfish Cake view 2 by ~minox on deviantART
"The round "eggs" are green tea tapioca, the "fish" is a yellow cake with a layer of strawberry jam, creamy white chocolate pudding filling and more tapioca pearls inside."

12.

Please vote for me if you like my blog. You can vote once daily and it means a lot to me. Though I know that I will likely not win...I know that I am trying my best to be a good blogger.


13. I hope that everyone has had something to smile about today.
_____________________________

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners
is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in
others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen
with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who
participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



LINKS TO OTHER THURSDAY 13's!

1. Christine
2. Joy is My Goal
3. Hootin' Anni
4. Christy...13 Mitch Hedberg jokes-something to smile at
5. Sniz
6. Morgan St. John-13 Things she's broken...now, that's an original idea for a 13.
7. Starrlight
8. Terra
9. Siani
10. Wakela Runen...what a neat name.
(Leave a comment & I will link to you here.)




Non-Thirteen Visitors:
Thanks, Thomas. I always find your comments interesting.

One I find yummy from a couple weeks ago: 13 Steps to Making Swedish Thin Pancakes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THIRTEENER KATE DAVIES!!!


I am currently listening to Falco's "Rock Me, Amadeus." One of my favorite parodies of this is "Jabba on the Dais."

Technorati tag:

17 comments:

Christine said...

I voted for you (good luck!)

And holy cow, or should that be catfish? That is the most realistic cake I've ever seen!

Happy TT to you!

Joyismygoal said...

I do not think i could eat that cake but it is awesome

Hootin'Anni said...

I'd vote for Colbert!!! [the ones who've been in the office are comedic in my opinion.] Why not?
*just kidding*

Neat list.

My T T is published, won't you drop by?

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

The cake is very realistic looking. My husband thought it was gross at first...I think he thought it was real. I had to explain it was a cake. I don't know if the taste of green tea, white chocolate and tapioca would be good. I am contemplating what it would be like and will have to try these flavor combinations at some point. Anyway it is neat to look at.

Christy said...

Vote for sale on Ebay. That was pretty funny. Lol. As for the catfish cake it reminds me of the Berensetin Bears Christmas movie that my son loves. =o)

http://scrink.com/blog/private/2007/10/thursday-thirteen-mitch-hedberg-jokes.html

Sniz said...

I just don't know if I could eat that cake...it looks too real. My husband and I are Trekkies too, but we don't tell too many people that. Great list! Happy TT!

Morgan St. John said...

Someday I want to open a bookstore with a coffee shop on the premises...oh wait, someone already did that. Darn. It's a really good idea.

Starrlight said...

Great list! Mines up =0
http://absinthedreamers.blogspot.com/

ThomasLB said...

Stephen Colbert should have to pay a royalty to Pat Paulsen.

Denise Patrick said...

What a wonderful list - and that cake! All I can say is WOW!!! Someone is really great at cake decorating!

Happy TT!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Morgan-
I like Starbucks, too....at least some aspects of it. I have thought of applying to work there next summer in order to learn barista skills. They have a very good benefits package...even for part-time partners.

Terra said...

That is a really fun TT... I do have to say that fish just about made me want to be ill though.... EWWW (Even if it is cake!)

Siani said...

Great list. So the fish is really a cake? Wow! Have a great weekend.

Wakela Runen said...

What a fun list! I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next week!!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thanks Wakela. I always look forward to the Thirteen each week. :-)

Kate Davies said...

Wow! Is that my birthday cake? :)

Thanks for the shout-out. Love your list!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

That would be a scary birthday cake...but so neat.

I hope your birthday was Happy. :-)

Thank you for the visit.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5