Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

1. Detailed No-Knead Bread Instructions...easy to do. The author drafted her little boy to demonstrate. I don't have a pan big enough to go into the oven like that though....as soon as I see if I can borrow one, I will be trying this recipe. I have resolved to try to borrow one-time kitchen equipment....a much sounder financial idea.

2. How Company Policies are Established...the person who thought this all out has a brilliant mind. :-)

3. Woman takes fire-fighter's exam in her wedding dress. An interesting story.

4. I clicked at the Breast Cancer Site today. It gives free mammograms to people in need.

5.Fall Pumpkin Roses Centerpiece. It's actually kind of pretty...unlike a lot of Fall arrangements I have seen.

6. It's not too early to be thinking about Christmas....at least for crafting. I want to try making these Christmas Bulbs this year....simply, easy and inexpensive.

7. First True Invisibilty Cloak Created...in the right hands this could be a useful defense tool. This could also be used as a horrible way to invade privacy and scares me....what our world is coming to.

8. Saw a photo of Tolkien's Grave....pretty. I would like to be buried with a tombstone like this....if cemetary regulations in The States allow such.
Update:
-By the way, Tink's Thirteen is "13 qoutes by J.R.R. Tolkien."

9. I went to part of Burning Life 2007 this week. The is "Second Life's" version of Burning Man. It was fun and entertaining. My avatar is "Thebluestbutterfly Writer."

10. The first filesharing jury trial has started. There are so many legal ways to download music. Most artists offer at least some of their content for free at some point....there are a lot of fun things on official artist websites...this is especially true if the person(s) are up-and-coming. I wish people would figure out where the legal music is instead of ruining their lives...millions of dollars in fines could certainly put a damper on life. Here's a idea...share where to find free,legal music-that will make both you and the artist happy.

11. Definitely reminded me of a unicorn when I first read about it.

12. Cattle egrets...I had never seen one until reading this blog post. Some interesting thoughts here on what slaves might have thought when they saw the egrets.

13. Vote for me, if you feel so inclined. You can vote once daily and it would be very much appreciated. I hope that you enjoy your visit to my blog. :-)

______________________________________

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners
is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in
others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen
with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who
participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.



LINKS TO OTHER THURSDAY 13's!

1. Jenn
2. Mom Works at Home...13 Get Paid to Blog Programs
3. Wfmom
4. Nicholas
(Leave a comment & I will link to you here.)




One I find yummy: 13 Steps to Making Swedish Thin Pancakes

Other visitors:
Jaden at "Steamy Kitchen"...where I got the No-Knead Bread Recipe that I am so looking foward to. :-)

Technorati tag:

10 comments:

jenn said...

I tried to make the bulbs last year, but I didn't have them completely upside down to dry and they came out horrible. But I will try again because my mom did some and they were beautiful.
Happy TT!

Bloggers said...

great post!

My 13 is up on

Working at Home Mom

WFMom said...

Wow, this was so much fun to read! What a great informative and fun list for a T13!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Memo to self:
Make sure my bulbs are completely upside down to dry.

They look so beautiful in the picture. Comparitively speaking to a lot of Christmas crafts,...very economical.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thanks "Bloggers."

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Wfmom-Thank you. :-)

SteamyKitchen said...

Divide dough in half after its loooong sleep. Shape each half.

Bake half in smaller pot!

Thanks for posting about the bread!

jaden

Nicholas said...

Oh yes, it is way too early to think of Xmas!

I'll look for you in Second Life.

Tink said...

Thanks for visiting and linking to my Tolkien quotes TT!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thanks SteamyKitchen. I now have an enameled pot that is almost big enough. I will be doing it as you recommended....baking halves.:-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5