Tuesday, October 30, 2007

How We Spend Halloween



Photos above are from our Pumpkin of Sorrows Toss 2006. Husband, friends and I go up high & toss a pumpkin with all our sorrows for the year written on it. We always have a lookout below for safety. There is a very loud thud when the pumpkin hits. Someday we are going to build a trebuchet for this. :-)

3 of the 4 situations that the Pumpkin photos refer to have improved or disappeared. It is nice to know that life makes progress sometimes.

We almost always wait until Halloween night to get our pumpkin. The leftover beatup pumpkins often end up being free....and it certainly is going to be beat up by the time we are done.
_____________________

I posted this as a part of the Halloween CyberCruise.



Visit other Lifecruisers and find out how they celebrate Halloween.

6 comments:

Gattina said...

That's a funny way to celebrate Halloween, lol ! I learn a lot this year. In Belgium Halloween is not celebrated but the shops have some decoration.

Caledonia said...

That is different! I'm not sure it would work as well with turnips though. Turnips were used here for lanterns until pumpkins came on the scene.

claudie said...

Beautiful pumpkins! We don't celebrate halloween in France just perhaps young because it is not in our tradition but I have to say it is a nice fest before christmas!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you for sharing about the Halloween in Belgium, Gattina. I love hearing about the homelands of others. I would love to travel outside of my own country right now but I don't feel safe with the world political situation. Hearing about the homelands of others makes me happy.

A lot of people that I have told about this say they might try doing a Pumpkin Toss sometime. A nice stress relief and fun. Our tradition that Husband and I brainstormed up one year. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

That is neat about the turnips. No, I don't think it would be as impressive with turnips...unless you used slightly soft turnips, dyed them colorfully and used a trebuchet to catapult them onto a wall. :-)

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Everyone has their own traditions and reasons for celebrating (or not celebrating) Halloween. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5