Saturday, September 22, 2007

Doing "Fall into Reading" Again




I participated in "Fall into Reading" last year. I did not read everything that I intended to...but more than I would have read otherwise.

This year I am starting with:



-----I am on Page 11 of "No One Here Gets Out Alive." I have read this book many times...but not for years. I just discovered that Jim Morrison liked Mad Magazine a lot as a teen. I have a few issues of MAD that I have been planning on reading all the way through. I am unofficially adding the issues of MAD to this reading list.
-----The Doors were named after Huxley's "Doors of Perception." Jim Morrison often talked of this. I have yet to find the book. I know it is public domain, so I am looking for a free copy of it somewhere.
-----I got my copy of "Being a Green Mother" from a thrift store...in immaculate condition and a republication! I am on page 40-something.
-----I have just started Chrome (Crome) Yellow. I found this while looking for "The Doors of Perception." I like the narrator. I am on the first page.
-----"On a Pale Horse" is about a man who becomes Death. This is something I wanted to reread. Another thrift store find.
-----The last book is humorous. I am going to go through it and change my life in my own way. Fun.

This year's participant list. Sign up yourself (at this link).
The challenge ends December 21st.

14 comments:

Deborah said...

wow I read No One Here Gets Out Alive a long long time ago when I was really into the Doors back in 7th grade. That was a great book lol

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I enjoyed reading this years ago, too. I think it will be different for me now.

Sandra said...

Great list, Happy Reading!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thanks, Sandra.

ForstRose said...

Butterfly,
Thanks for stopping by Bibliophile's Retreat
I purchased The Love Languages of God a few months ago but haven't gotten to it yet. I had read The Five Love Languages for Singles quite a while back and wanted to read Love Languages of God since. Hopefully it will actually make it to the top fo the TBR piles without getting pushed back again by more urgent commitments. That's what I get for joining book clubs and blog alliances for reviewing books - a TBR pile that has exploded ;~D.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Forstrose-
Thanks for visiting here. :-)

I have a pretty big reading list,too. Life is too busy a lot of times for me...unfortunately. Anyway...I think that book will improve how I relate to God...so, it is a must-read for me. Chapman is really fascinated to listen to...he has a great Southern humor.:-)

Terri said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. "Being a Green Mother" sounds like a book I'd be interested in reading also. I'll have to check it out.

Katrina said...

Interesting list. It's been a LONG time since I read any Piers Anthony, but I did enjoy the books of his that I read. I'll have to revisit him one of these days. Thanks for being part of the challenge!

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

I love the diversity on your list. I like to read widely, too, but lately I feel like I'm reading the same old kind of stuff.

Pam W said...

Thanks for letting me know there was a glitch in my post. I have gotten it corrected. It looks like you have a wide selection of reading material. Happy reading!

Pam W said...

Thanks for letting me know there was a glitch in my post. I have gotten it corrected. It looks like you have a wide selection of reading material. Happy reading!

Lana G! said...

Intriguing list! Gonna have to check some of those out... Happy reading season to you!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

"Being a Green Mother" is about a woman who becomes the incarnation of Mother Nature. Piers Anthony is a neat read....fairytale-like.

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

Thank you to those who feel my reading is diverse or intriguiing. :-)

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5