Sunday, September 30, 2007

Burning Life 2007

Right now I am in Second Life at the "Burning Life 2007" festival. If you can't go to Burning Man, let it come to you. :-)

Anyway....I missed most of the festival...it ends tomorrow. Still seeing someone's animation of tuna fish swimming overhead in a translucent tuna can was neat. I also got a mallet as a gift...that was funny.

"Arthur's" section of Burning Life was enjoyable. I rode a rocket and then was shot out of it at 4,000 feet...I discovered that my avatar can fall flat on its face. I even got a free Burning Life T-shirt, some flexi hair and new clothes. I listened to some chanting and got something called "The Box of Calm" (a chanting box which I will explore later).

In another section of Burning I got two pairs of free ice skates and a snowball thrower....like the mallot, this was amusing. :-)
-Finding Buck Roger's Soapbox Derby car sunken underwater was also funny.

Ideas/things I encountered:
-----Genesis 1:21
-----The poem "The Tiger" by William Blake..."Tiger,tiger burning bright"
-----Jesus was the most quoted prophet in the Koran??? I did further research and found claims that most Muslims believe that Jesus was bodily taken up into Heaven.

And dancing at Center Camp NE:
-----The Beatles, "We All Live in a Yellow Submarine"
-----Three Days Grace, "The Animal I Have Become"
-----Talking Heads, "Burning Down the House." By the way,in case you hadn't read about it, the RL (Real Life) Burning Man met with arson this year and had to be rebuilt for the burning.
-----"Everybody Must Get Stoned"....I think the actual title of this song is "Rainy Day Women #12 and 35." Here are the lyrics to a parody of it called "Everybody Must Get Phoned."
-----"Sister Salvation"
-----"Ritual Noise" by Covenant
-----"The Time Warp"...I go a little crazy on Columbia's parts. Columbia is the character I would most like to be though I know that I am better suited to play Magenta. :-)
-----Nickelback's, "Rock Star"
-----Pink Floyd, "Wish You Were Here"
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.
-----And the final dedication (to a hacker) made me laugh..."The Asshole Song" as covered by Dennis Leary (the original was by Jimmy Buffet).
On the DJ at this event:
The DJ is named "Fleur." I admire her industry...she was playing the stream on Shoutcast at the same time. I wish her the best of luck with her career. :-)


Here is the schedule for today and tomorrow.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy soma soma for sale cheap - soma online discount code

Anonymous said...

buy soma soma enterprises+order book - buy soma online canadian pharmacy

Anonymous said...

buy soma soma drug mechanism - soma stores

Anonymous said...

buy soma generic soma online - soma muscle relaxer usa

Anonymous said...

buy soma online buy cheap soma online no prescription - buy soma without script

Anonymous said...

generic soma online somali to english translation - cheap soma sale

Anonymous said...

generic carisoprodol carisoprodol found drug test - carisoprodol 350 mg watson

Anonymous said...

buy carisoprodol carisoprodol soma vanadom - soma carisoprodol buy

Anonymous said...

xanax online xanax bars many mg - xanax withdrawal and seizures

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol for dogs no rx - tramadol dosage horses

Anonymous said...

cheap tramadol tramadol 20mg - tramadol overdose alcohol

Anonymous said...

where to buy tramadol tramadol hcl 150 mg - tramadol for sale no prescription usa

Anonymous said...

buy klonopin online 2mg klonopin no tolerance - klonopin safe dosage

Anonymous said...

buy generic klonopin klonopin 2mg effects - 6 mg klonopin and alcohol

Anonymous said...

buy klonopin online klonopin withdrawal last - cyclobenzaprine klonopin erowid

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5