Monday, September 17, 2007

Alphabet Music Meme...still working on this one

Jen over at Prayer Warrior started a meme that I found at "And Miles to Go Before We Sleep" (where I also found a great recipe that I am going to try...Slow Cooker Overnight Outmeal).

Anyway...you list all of your favorite bands/musicians from A to Z.

As Thomas wondered in my comments when I first started working on this, who else would you put for "Z" besides "ZZ Top?" I thought of "Zao" and "Ziggy Marley" but I am not really into either.

I am really stuck on "X" right now.

A-
Adam Ant:
"Anger, Inc."
"Room at the Top"
"U.S.S.A"
Alice Peacock...whom I met at a Mellencamp concert

B-
Bangles:
"Eternal Flame"
"Walk Like an Egyptian"
Billy Idol:
"Shock to the System"
White Wedding
"Yelling at the Christmas Tree"
Billy Ocean-"LoverBoy"
Bobby McFerrin-"Don't Worry Be Happy"...I love watching the video with Robin Williams and the guy from "Elmo's World"
Bob Marley-"Redemption Song"
Bonnie Tyler"It's a Heartache"

C-
Chicago-particularly "Along Comes a Woman"


D-
Depeche Mode

E-
Elvis:
"Yoga is as Yoga Does"
"Wooden Heart"...I can sing it pretty well in German.
"His Latest Flame"....and Marie's the name of his latest flame.

F-
Fine Young Cannibals

G-

Guns and Roses-"November Rain"

H-

I-Interpol

J-
James Blunt-"You're Beautiful" (but I didn't like when it was played over and over again everywhere)
John Lennon

K-
Kid Rock-"Cowboy"
Kim Wilde-"You Keep Me Hangin' On"
Kumbia Kings
Kylie Minogue-"Can't Get You Out of My Head"

L-
Lee Ann Womack:
"Mendocino County Line" (with Willie Nelson)
Los Lobos-"La Bamba"

M-
Midnight Oil..the lead singer is now in politics
Million Dollar Quartet (with Elvis)
Morris Albert-"Feelings"

N-
Neil Finn-"There is a Light That Never Goes Out"
Noa-"We"
Norah Jones-"What Am I to You"

O-
Otis Redding

P-
Pearl Jam
Pet Shop Boys:
"Opportunities" (Let's Make Lots of Money)
Pink Floyd
Pink

Q-
Queen

R-
Rammstein
Reba
(Sir)Robert Palmer-I am still sad at his passing.
Rosanne Cash

S-
Sarah Connor-"From Sarah with Love"
Sasha-"I Feel Lonely"
Sheryl Crow-"Don't Have to Go"
Showaddywaddy-"Hey Rock and Roll"
Skillet
Soft Cell-"Tainted Love"

T-
The Hooters
The Presidents of the United States of America
Timbuk 3-"The Future's so Bright (I Gotta Wear Shades)"
Troggs-"Wild Thing"

U-
UB40
USA for Africa-"We are the World"

V-

W-
Walter Brennan:
"Old Rivers"
Willie Nelson:
"Pancho and Leftie" (with Merle Haggard)

X-

Y-
Yes-"Owner of a Lonely Heart"

Z-
ZZ Top-"Legs"

2 comments:

Zooomabooma said...

I listened to Adam Ant earlier this year and I've wanted to again ever since! I think I'm gonna hafta track down a good used cd or two!

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

I like Manners & Physique best out of all his albums. I would try online for the used CDs...he is hard to find at a lot of CD stores.

Anyway I admire Adam Ant a lot. He struggles with bi-polar disorder. I am going to order his auto-biography as soon as I find a copy.

:-)



http://www.coffeehobby.com/ 2009-06-11 daily 0.5 http://www.coffeehobby.com/st.aspx 2009-06-11 daily 0.5